Latest Hurricane?

• Thread starter Carlos Hathcock III
  • Start date
Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Carlos Hathcock III

Reaction score
Anyone in the way of the newest and worst hurricane? Any idea on the evac plan? SCBill, you in the path??

Carlos

Last track estimate I saw looked like it's headed for Florida between Cape Canaveral and Jax.

What a season.

yea here we go again geez.just got cleaned up from the last one.wonder if ill have a tourney sunday even though the marina we fish out of is half colapsed.

Is this the "G" storm that's hitting now? When and where is the "F" storm suppose to hit? My wife and kids are flying to Orlando on the 11th. Storm should have moved on through by that time, huh?

Harpo

Here is a link to the National Hurricane Center. It will tell you more than you need to know. I work for the Federal Emergency Management Agency so I do not foresee any fishing trips in my near future. Frances is going to kick our butts I'm afraid.
http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/

The one that hit Florida hit right after I was there this summer. Last one I was in we were about 650 miles out to sea. Ouch!

fatrap

Unfortunately, we are thinking that our area (Charlotte in general), will likely get some pretty good tropical winds/rain if Frances continues on it's present track.

It would likely come inland, and then continue up/across Florida and possibly into S. Georgia and S. Carolina - with the center being far more inland than Charley was (speaking of GA/SC). If it does this, it will probably suck all types of moisture from both the Gulf and the Atlantic.

Tex

Anyone ever fish right after a hurricane? Is it like some super coldfront or would the rains and such put the bass on the bite? Just curious.

fatrap

We are waiting, again, for the next named storm to plow through. The last one did more damage than Charlie to our location, This one, when it hits will severely damage this area even if it is "only" a tropical storm when it arrives. We have had so much rain and many, many thunderstorms between the named storms that the water just runs off our lawns and streets. The sponge is full. This has weakened ALL of the trees roots ability to resist and will knock them over like the last storm.

If this hurricane targets SC, IE Charleston, I live 14 miles up I-26 in Summerville, we are going to get creamed..

Will keep in touch, Already securing the yard, house, trees for the blast...

By the way, haven't been able to get out and go fishing for over a month due to continuos storms EVERY day!!! I have to fill the boat with gas and place a can around the rear plug causing the bilge to fill up to a reasonable level so the water will weigh it down.

You have to think differently for these storms. An example, check your front or rear doors, What holds it closed? The hinges will with stand a good strong storm, but that little handle you grab and turn to release that 1 inch metal rod tha slips out of the way so the door opens is ALL that stands in the way of the hurricane wind. Think about the force on that part of the door with 40-80 MPH winds steadily pressing it!!!

Michael,

You are definitely in a 'poorer' position than I am, up in Rock Hill. You folks have seen your fair share of rain/storms this year, even though you may not have gotten a direct hit.

Get buttoned down and keep the powder dry.

Tex

Texas,

you got it.

Yesterday afternoon a severe thunderstorm hit Summerville and flooded the streets (2 inches), Last night around midnight, same thing, I have drained out 4-6 inches of water from our above ground 18' round pool 4 times in the last 5 days.

This is getting rediculuos(sp)

Yeah we're bout soaked here......Lost a HUGE willow tree out of my back yard during TS Gaston last week.... Uprooted a 50' willow right out of the ground....Gettin kinda tired of being wet....

WildBill,

You growing web's between your toes yet???

Let's hope that we're not going to revisit Hugo again, in any type of shape, form or function. If you need to 'get out' and want a place in the upstate, give me a holler.

Tex

scwildbill,

Where you at in Charleston, I work for navy as civilian at the naval weapons station.

Latest posts

Back