Last Region tournament of the year in VA.

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TritonGlenn

Reaction score
Well, I fished my last tournament of the year in VA - went to Potomac. My Region partner and I started out at the mouth of Mattowoman, fishing the grass.

First fish came on an old Bulldog popper - unfortunately, she came off at the boat before we could get her into the net.

Second fish was a keeper - barely. I swung the little 12" into the sole of my rig, and then sat down on the front deck with my legs in the sole to get the hook out of it. Well, that's when it decided to flop off the deck about a foot in the air, nicely impaling the OTHER treble hook into my calf. Now I have a 12" bass flopping around, attached to my leg! :eek: My partner quickly jumped down and pulled the bass off the bait and threw it in the livewell. I thought for a second, and since I wasn't feeling any immediate pain, I grabbed the hook and shoved the point through my skin, exposing the barb. Quick side cutter action, and I was free of the treble hook. Dang it! That was a brand-new hook too! :p Pain didn't really set in that much until I stood up and put weight on the leg. Man that stings!

We fished poppers, Stickbaits and flipping lures through the grass and managed to put 12+ pounds in the boat (8 fish). My partner had one that got hurt on the hookset (gills), and it died shortly afterwards, even though we put ice and "Please release me" in the livewell. Dang. Haven't lost a fish in a LONG time.

We thought that we did pretty well, all things considered. Not a huge sack of fish by any measure, but we caught a limit, and were very happy with ourselves until we saw all the other limits brought in too. 18 pounds to cash a check - 30+ lbs won it.

But considering how the day started... it could have been a lot worse! :p

Next stop... TEXAS. Leaving on the 3rd. Hopefully getting there on the 5th. Please keep me in your prayers for a safe, uneventful trip.

All the best,

Glenn

Dang Glenn, if I would have known you were in the area, we would have stopped in!!!!

Sounds like you did have fun and be safe on your drive.

Congrats on your retirement and enjoy the next phase of your life.

Semper Fidelis

Carlos

Glenn - It was a pleasure meeting you last year and I wish you and your family the best of luck in the future in Texas. If you get back this way you always have a place to fish on the hot side.

Glenn, have a good trip back home, and let us know when you arrive!!

30+ lbs. won it??? Dang that's a great sack!! Please take care and be safe on the way to Texas Glenn and I will say a prayer or two for you and yours. I'm glad I got to met you at Bill in Va's place but wish we would have had more time to talk and BS each other and I'm really sorry I didn't get a chance to fish with you.:( Enjoy your retirement and be sure to let us know when you get back this way ok?

Uncle Billy

I say we all show up caravan style in front of that new big house of his. Give him a week to get unpacked and then 20 boats show up in his neighborhood!!:p Remember, he lives close to Choke Canyon where some big fish reside!!

TOXIC

Come on over! I'm sure Kathy would be happy to "greet" 20 boaters, as only she knows how. :blink: :lol::lol::lol:

Thanks for all the well wishes. I'll be in touch.

All the best,

Glenn

Back