Lake level at Anna

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ken Sabin

Reaction score
Im hoping Bill in Va or Toxic, or anyone else for that matter, chime in..........

Wondering what the lake levels are at Lake Anna, both sides. Havent been there in quite a while. The Occoquan Reservoir is about 8 to 10 feet down. The ramps are dry. Pretty scary looking actually ! Ive stood on dry ground in places where the water should be over my head !

Ken

I haven't been there since April myself, but a buddy fished a tournament there last week and said it was down about three feet on the cold side.

HP

Ken - Water is down 2.5 - 3 feet. Ramps are still usable on the hot and cold side at the house if you want to come down. Your can really see the points now! LOL

Bill - did Anna get any of the rain from Thursday evening?

david....

Ken - I echo Bill's estimate. Levels off the docks are clearly down at least 2 feet plus. Grass is growing where water should be. I was out two weekends ago and the fishing on the hot side was slow, even early morning. Got one small bass off of canal 2. Water was too hot to swim in comfortably.

Did this recent rain help to filler up? I actually like it a little low towards midseptember, the fish get under the docks and it makes the skipping a little easier.:)

Steve

What do you mean, Mr.? When did we get so formal? LOL He caught so many that his fingers are sore and can't key into the computer right now. Let me paraphrase what he would say.

Well, my guide was successful, (as usual). I always put them on fish with all the secret honeyholes I have all over the lake. We were able to pick up about 16 nice ones over four pounds and later got into some of the big ones but seemed to break off just as we got them to the boat. You know how clients are just trying to horse them in. Decided to fish myself and landed a few over 6 pounds on my miracle Senkos and my clients were just in awe over my prowess with a fishing rod. My 929 was tuned to perfection and nothing on the lake could keep up with me. Even had a Monkey boat try to come by me but I put the "hammer" down and just crused right by him throwing wake right over his bow. Got a little hot by 0900 so we decided to call it a day. Left the clients off at the ramp and decided to go and fish for some crappie. Well, I found a great honeyhole and boated about 60, all over three pounds each. Gonna have to take the time to clean them tonight and have us a fish fry. Maybe a few in the freezer for another night. All in all a very productive day on the water. I'm a little tired but CIII is coming by to clean my boat for me and respool all my reels so I can go out on Monday and do it all over again.

Boy, do I have too much time on my hands! How did I do Scott? LOL :lol::lol::lol:

Veeeeeeerrrrrrrrry funny William!!:lol:

I still have one to do tomorrow. On friday, lake 3 feet low, little stained in the rivers and fish, for the most part want a lot of water on their back. My morning trip went well, I caught a limit with the kicker being a little over 5lbs. I'll post a picture later, or go to Sturgeon creek's website just so you know I'm not fibbing!!:p:p Clients didn't fare as well, you have really got to be on your game right now, the lake is fishing tough. My afternoon trip was worse, the sun popped out around noon and it was like being in a microwave oven!! To top it off my clients (father/son) had never picked up a fishing rod.....Oh No:eek:!!! Tough day for them to learn, because it was nothing but a casting lesson!! It was hot beyond belief!! So much so, I called my client for tomorrow and told them to bump the time to 3 o'clock...pm. I'll be at the lake in the morning if anybody wants to go out.

TOXIC

Here are a couple of pics from this weekend. Catfish and bass are still up in our cove. The channel out of the cove is about 2 to 2 1/2 feet deep for a couple of hundred yards. The inboard churns a bit of mud at times but no rocks so long as you stay in the channel.

DSCF0156.JPG
DSCF0157.JPG

Latest posts

Back