Lake Champlain

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Greg Duggan

Reaction score
Does anyone know what the water levels are like at Champlain? Have an opportunity to fish the lake the last weekend of April. Don't want to make the trip if the water is to low or if it is unsafe,

Thanks

G

Don't know where your coming from but if it's anything like the rest of the lakes here in upstate NY low... low... low... already got the prop once this year. Be careful

Its fine.. A few feet low.. but no problems. Are you fishing Ti or Plattsburgh?

Kind of an Oxymoron. Champlain low, high or in the middle can be a wench at any time:lol::lol: But for chasing Smallmouth, it's totally worth it!!

TOXIC

Thanks fro the replies, not sure where the group is planning to stay. I have never been to Lake Champlain due to my last boat being to small in my opinion. Now that i have the Z8 home its time to check it out.

If we make the trip i will post some pics.

GregD

Champlain is at 96.14', 4' below flood stage. Lake is usually around 98' this time of year. Last year was at 103' and at major flooding for three months. I have not been out yet, I just got back in the country last night and trying to get home today. Smallies should be on fire soon if not already.
http://www.erh.noaa.gov/btv/html/lake.php

Added the lake report. Ignore the temp, the shallows will be warmer. I use three main baits at this time of

year: SENKOS, chartruese cranks and grubs. Usually no weeds this time of year. Good luck.

Made it home today. Got my boat out, installed the batteries and electronics and fired it up on the muffs. I plan getting on Champlain next Friday and Saturday, weather/waves permitting. I might try to get out after work one day. The following week I'll be chasing turkeys.

GregD, do ya know when and where you'll be?

Latest posts

Back