Lake Anna anyone?

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jim in VA

Reaction score
Hey all:

Thinking about heading down to Lake Anna tomorrow. Supposed to be slightly overcast and near 70 frickin' degrees (okay, chance for spotty showers in the afternoon, but that's what RAINGEAR is for!)! Ran it by Bill in VA already and although he can't join :( he's generously offered a pass to launch the hotside. I've got to take of some things in the morning so won't be able to get there until mid or late morning, but there should still be plenty of time for a few hours.

JC

With those temps, I'm going Crappie hunting. They should be turned on before the rain and I have been looking for an excuse to try out my new foodsaver. I'll be at Crocket Park/Germantown Lake with my little boat.

TOXIC

Hey guys - guess it ended up okay afterall. Earlier tonight, I threw out my lower back so I'm sitting here with a heating pad waiting for it to warm up enough so I can go to bed. Guess that means I'm out too. Crap. Oh well, if the back is better by tomorrow afternoon, I may try to head to the Baltimore boat show to drool. Catch you all next time.

JC

Jim - Sorry to hear about the back. You and Uncle Billy now have something in common. LOL

Wind is blowin' pretty good right now and the rain is starting so it was probably best that you didn't come down this morning. We gots other weekends and sneak out days to fish so no biggy!

Thanks guys! Appreciate the sentiments. Spending most of the day with a hot water bottle strapped to my lower back and popping Advil like candy. Ouch! Luckily, my problems are strictly muscle-related. Getting old sucks.

JC

Hope the back is still gettign bettre!

Weather was pretty nice in...Hawaii :-0

Good to be home though......

Glad to have you back home C! Let me know when you are ready to come down and do some fishin'. You must be due some time off during the week so give me a shout!!!!!

Bill,

You are right, but have to do the hoem thing today. Have more then a few things to catch up on and have a doctor appointment on Friday.......

Whats the next time for a fish fest on the hot side????

C - You let me know when you are available. We are in the middle of selling for the Spring Edition of the publication but I can sneak out anytime (even during the week) and catch some fishies!

Challenge? Did I hear the CHALLENGE word? We can either do total number of fish or total weight. I can beat your butt either or both ways. LOL Let me know when you are ready. We should probably have a referee 'cause it will get tough out there goin' head to head and mano y mano!

Let me see here... Bill drives down the street a little ways any day he wants and fishes his home lake.. He has, and I'm just guessing here, about two million rods and reels in his garage. AND SOMEONE IS GOING TO CHALLENGE HIM? Bill, whatever you need to cover the bet just let me know, ok? :D:D:rolleyes:

Uncle Billy

Uncle Billy - You noticed that C hasn't come back yet! I am trying to cut back on the rods and reels. Many are going in the yard sale in April. Gonna try and keep it around 50-60, excluding the fly rods and the surf rods (LOL).

You gotta remember that even though it is my home lake I drive a Nitro and not a Ranger. Rangers are always good for catching more and heavier fish aren't they????????? Nitro people have to work harder to catch more and bigger fish.

Let's see if C takes us up on the challenge!

OK C, where are you?????????

ok buddy!!! Consider the gloves off HAHAHAHA

I am just a bit slow on the replies due to jet lag and catchup work here at the house.

Let me look over my TAD schedule and lets get it on! I am not able to play this weekend at all , but the weekend after I may be able to play!

Neeley and Mac come on down!!!!!

Carlos

You are on dude! No gloves, headgear or mouthpieces. Following weekend probably looks OK since lots of folks are at the shows. Will follow up on the weather. We can go head to head and / or invite the other hot side boys to enjoy the action. Are you sure the Monkey Boat will start after the long lack of use? LOL

Always wanted to beat a jarhead. The Air Force wouldn't let us play with the big dogs back in the day 'cause you guys were (and still are) paid killers. LOL

Keep in touch but don't think that I will tell you where my new honey holes are!!!

Bill,

HAH On the honey holes man!! Will see how the drop shot does along with a regualr Senko HAHAHAHAH

Hope that the other fleeas can make it out to also play, especially if the WX is as nice as it was when I was gone! Hope that the MoNkEy BoAt starts and runs ok...nawww no problems, it is a YammieHammer! As I have about an empty boat, look to have some fast fun!

Do have to disapoint ya though, wil lahve my gloves and headgear on, can not mess up my nice new long hair ya know!!!

You going to any of the shows?

Want to look at any of the stuff I want to sell at your yard sale? Have a bunch of utilties and stuff liek that.....

C- I imagine we can convince a few of the folks to come down and join us. Long hair?????? What happened to high and tight? Going to Bassarama on Friday I think. We need to go to Short Pump and Costco so I thought I would drop in for a couple of hours and see Tox and others.

Your other stuff wouldn't feet me in a million years, but I am sure the BDUs would sell like hotcakes.

Keep in touch!

Anybody got this Saturday free? If my back heals up enough by then, I may try to get some fishing in. Doc and massage therapist agree that I did a number on the muscle back there - at least it wasn't spine related (harder to treat/heal). Still walking lopsided (made the wife laugh this morning as I limped to the bathroom), but its getting there.

Jim - Glad to hear about your back. It can be a real bummer. Martie and I are both down with major colds so I won't be available on Saturday but let me know and I will leave you a pass. See if you can get Dave to come down with you.

You Guys keep It up and I'll take Carlos up on coming out there and giving you guy's some some lessons on How to spend the day Fishin.......HEE HEE JR :cool:

Carlos Secret weapons On the way...Got to take care of my Buddy after the shirt you got me...I will let them do the talking for me....HEE HEEE:rolleyes:

JR - We welcome your arrival anytime you want. The nice thing is that I don't have to spend the WHOLE day fishin' I catch all I want in a half-day! LOL

Hey Bill,

Found out alst night that David has a indoor soccer playoff game Saturday the 4th, I leave for Lejeune the 5th. Can you play this Saturday????

Carlos

C - if you're looking for company, I may be able to join. I can't bring my rig down due to my compromised mobility, but if you have space open in your back seat, let me know.

JC

Jim,

If Big Bill is up to the accelerated challenge, lets roll!!

Meet at my house at say, 0550 good? Say on both of us takign both vehicles there.

Carlos

C - Just send you and Jim an email. I am on for Satuday (yeah). Either meet you at the house or at the boat ramp. Just let me know which you prefer and what time you want to meet up. Are you up to the challenge???????? HeHe

Weather is lookin' good for Saturday. Low sixties, partly cloudy and winds at 5 mph! Gotta love it!

Tox - We knew that! LOL Actually, Martie and I are coming to Bassarama some time tomorrow. Are you doing the show on Friday? We are coming down to meet with some of our advertisers and solicit new ones, as well. Going to the Fredericksburg Boat show the following weekend, as well.

The Hamilton vs Hathcock challenge is on for tomorrow with an totally unbiased referee (Jim C). I am sure that if ever wants to fish the hot side again he will see things my way. :rolleyes:

Hey Now! No arm trwistingz!!!

We are talking Saturdya, not Firday right?

Tox, bummer man!!!! Have fun at the show though, see you Sunday!!!

C - Fishin' on Saturday. Martie and I are going to see Tox at the show on Friday!

Latest posts

Back