Just a Horrible Night & Tomorrow!!!

• Thread starter William H. (Bill) Barham
  • Start date
Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

William H. (Bill) Barham

Reaction score
As most of you know my wife, Nancy, has worked for a Veterinarian for 31 years. You also may know that six months ago our lead dog, Sandy, had to have a serious back surgery. Well, lately she's been a little listless and yesterday she didn't want to eat at all. So, Nancy took her to work with her today (Tue) and one of the Doctors didn't like something he felt around her abdomen. They did an ultrasound and found tumors all over the place and bleeding into her stomach. She has very little chance to make it through the week-end she has so much cancer in her.

This is killing me:( I've trained dogs for a long time and this is the best, smartest, most everything dog I've not only had but have ever seen..

We are doing "Sandy watch" for tomorrow and hopefully the next couple of days and when she appears to be in pain or doesn't move everyone of the Doc's that Nancy works with has volunteered to come to my house to help us help her on her way to the Rainbow Bridge.

So, as I'm blubbering right now while writing this, if there are any birthday's in the next week or so, please forgive me if I don't list them.

This was my very special dog. Friends called her my girlfriend:) I don't know who else I could have shared this with and I know I'm going to be a mess..

Honor.BMP

sandtrk1.jpg

Beautiful Sandy.JPG

Uncle Billy

my heart goes out to you and family. Losing a loved pet is hard but you to remember they gave you all the love they could for the time they had. Best fishes

Hang in there Billy...I KNOW they become part of the family.

Prayers sent and remember there's alot of really great dogs out there that need a good home.

Stay strong:(

Bill - I'm choking back tears down here, very sorry for how Sandy is going, I know it will be a tough time for you and Nancy.

Trep

Billy

The toughest part of being a dog lover is having to say good bye. Many of us including yourself has been there done that. Be grateful that you had the time that you had with her. Thoughts and best wishes

Mike Grandick

fatrap

Love on her all you can, and when you know it's time, I hope Sandy has peaceful transition.

Bill,

There is not enough that I can say to help you avoid the pain. But, the joy and love that the two of you have shared has to be honored and remembered by you. Please focus on the best of times and let her go with as much love as you can show. She will always be with you in your heart.

Uncle Billy, sorry to hear about Sandy. I love my dogs like they are my kids so I know how hard this must be. Just try to remember all the love she gave you.

Teri

So sorry to here. So heart wrenching. Lost my 19 year old cat Monday. Passed on my wives and my lap. Maybe Sandy and tweety will walk over the bridge together. Give her a big hug, belly pat and back rub Im sure she already knows you guys love her. Good luck!

Uncle Billy - sorry to hear. Worst part of dogs is they don't live nearly long enough. Hang in there. Thoughts and prayers going your way.

I give you back some of the positive encouragement you gave me (as well as many others here) when my dog Nero had to be put down. Just remember what you told me.

TOXIC

I am so sorry to hear this. My prayers are with you and the Mrs. during this sad, sad time. God Bless.

Wow, she is beautiful.

You are in my thoughts and prayers.

When she has crossed the bridge my son Squeaker will say Hello for us.

BF

Sandy is so beautiful,when i saw her pic it brought tears to my eyes.Ihad a golden that i had to put down 2 years ago .MY thoughts and prayers are with you and family.

UB, I'm just so sorry to hear this, sorry I'm a little late here, but want to send you and yours our thoughts and prayers,from someone who understands. We're so sorry to hear of this........Mike and April

Latest posts

Back