jackplate on a Pro Team 175

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Zack Wilson

Reaction score
DO you guys think a 4 or 6 inch jackplate would help the ride or topend speed on a pro team 175. Have any of you guys used a jackplate on a aluminum boat before? I am running about 50 mph (gps) now with a 21 pitch stilleto prop at 5200. What do you think? Thanks

Just a comment. I have a PT175 with a 50 on it. I can see 35mph (GPS) on my best days. I usually run about 32 with me and no fish (drops to 29mph when I have fish on board! LOL).

Jim

maybe my gps is readin wrong,I don't know? I use a garmin that is mounted to my dash so I see it every time I am out. If useually reads 47-49 and it has read 50 many times. I'll check it out with someone elses. Reguardless of how fast it going now I had just heard that jackplates will make your boat ride better and lots of times corner better. I did talk to my dealer and he said it wouldn't be a warranty problem. I guess I will hold of till maybe someone else trys it. Thanks guys

Zach -

Could you have it set to knots per hour rather than miles per hour?

me?

Latest posts

Back