It's college football time...

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Barb Baggott

Reaction score
Yes, college football has arrived and I am just curious who's cheering for which team. Seems we have a multitude of sports people on the board from everywhere.

So here goes...

KSU....WILDCATS and Illinois Illini (Alma mater...have to!)

Barb

OU Sooners! Stoops Troops are winnin again!

Go Big Red! (hope we can squeek by bama this weekend)

I love college footbaLL especially the big 12.

james d.

I hear ya James! Can't wait for the Cornhuskers and Schooners annual shoot out!!!!

MEEEEChigan!!!...wolverines baby!!..BO BLUE!!!!!!...Barb,..my Dad was an Ilini alum,....so I have a soft spot for them too........he and I use to bet a canadian $5.00 bill on the Illinois/UM game every time they played....we'd write the score and the date of the game on the bill and then trade it back and forth......I kept it most of the time! LOL.....when he passed away, (a year ago tomorrow) ;o( I put the bill in his suit pocket and sent it off to the "Big Game" with him.......I'll ALWAYS be partial to that game and I won't care who wins...cause with memories like that,...I CAN'T LOSE!!...LOL

Mac

Texas Aggies! Live and die with the maroon and white.

Goodbye to Texas University . . . .

Big 12 Rules - even if I can't get any regular reporting here in the Carolinas.

Hey Mac....I'm sure your Dad is still writing the scores on that $5!!! Illini don't look to good this year, but what you expect after last year! It will take them 15 more years to be back on top!!

hahaha.....no doubt,...when he and I hook up again,...I'll make sure I get it back!! ;o)

GO BUGEATERS!! Wife went to Kansas but that is not an option. I have converted her, she has seen the light. Her brother went to Oklahoma....he is not allowed in my house LOL. Sorry NU doesn't play OU this year, it would be a good game. I am going home (Nebraska will ALWAYS be "HOME")for the Texas game. Tun loose the dogs and lock up your daughters, TOXICs' a comin' to town!! Or is that the other way around?

TOXIC
nebraska.jpg

Tennessee (alma mater)

Goin to win it all.

UT vs Miami (UT homecoming??? - What are they thinking?) is the biggest game of the year.

I'm with Mac, go Wolverines! Gold and Blue baby!!! And of course the home town division, Go Orangemen! Syracuse rules!

Tennessee (alma mater)

I'm afraid Miami is going to destroy us though.

Remember, there are a higher percentage of Pro Football Hall of Famers from western Pennsylvania than anywhere else. Paterno may be 75 and it still may be a little of a rebuilding year but you have to remember....

God must be a Penn State fan, that's why the the sky is blue and white...

OOOOOOOOOOOOOKLAHOMA where the wind comes sweepin down the plain!!!!! GO SOONERS!!!!!!

Sorry, I often break into that song during the workday. I can't help it. I sing it over and over and over when the weather gets cold and snowy and I can't get my boat on the lake. Am I nuts???!!!!

Ed

Just to clarify....I said AM I NUTS. I didn't say anything about JACK NUTS......so don't even try it!!! LOL!

Ed

Man, I would love to see Sooners & Huskers at the Big 12 Championship Game!!!!!!

Always an exciting time.

It's good to see the Sooners program recovered so well.

T

hopefully stoops will stay at ou for a while and stabilize the program. I think it is really said ou and nebraska don't get to play every year. I kinda miss ou playing the north teams like it was in big 8. Now we have to settle for being the Texas State Champs or the old southwest conference champs and hoping to play nebraska or kansas state for big 12 title. Try going down to college station and playin there though - that is really tough.

james d.

Nebraska, primarily, but I'll also be following NAIA Division II, GPAC Conference play. Concordia Bulldogs.

barb,

the sooners and huskers have to make it to the big 12 championship this year to be able to play each other (unless the orange bowl wants to match them up again). The big 12 rotates a couple of teams between the north south divisions. It is good, but it kind of messes up some rivalries. Kansas State and Nebraska left the OU schedule and Iowa State and Colorado are in for a couple of years. I am really excited about football starting up as it seams that baseball takes up the whole sports page and we don't even have a national league team here.

james d.

James D.

Thanks for the comments about playing in College Station. Always nice to have someone compliment your team!

I see that RC is going to go with a Frosh QB this year. Maybe he has figured out that it doesn't always pay to be ultra-conservative.

Going to be tough getting by them Okie's this year though.

i think with the parity in todays game, anybody can win at anytime. kind of adds a lot of excitement. college station is one tuff place to play and from what i hear a real special place. i would like to go see a game there sometime. ou's working on the stadium to add some more seats. during ou's championship year, the two games that could have ruined the season was tx a&m and osu cowboys. really tough games every year. we've got to get our qb and receivers going again to make it happen this year. i thought it was horrible on that bonfire tradition a few years back as that was really sad. it must have been real tough. RC's a good coach and we prefer to play a&m in norman - most definately. i have a lot of respect for the texas teams as it really solidified the conference.

i just realized that this board is great! i haven't heard one osu cowboy fan rib the sooners (yet). they beat ou once every 30 years in football anyways and then talk about that one game for the next 30 yrs. It never ends! maybe that is why they are nicknamed the "pokes".

Boomer Sooner. How us and Texas are undefeated in the cotton bowl. Tough defense. Offense will come around

James,

I couldn't agree more. Oklahoma State's coaching staff should hang their heads in shame after blowing a 2 TD lead over LA Tech, bearly a Div I team. But that's the situation when a schools only focus is winning one game every year. I sure wouldn't want to be a Cowboy when the Sooners hit Stillwater this year. Revenge will be the topic of the day. I believe the Sooners toughest game this year will be Tex A&M in College Station. Only the very best visitors leave that stadium with a W. I predict OU will play KSU for the Big 12. Colorado will prove what I said last year and that is they are OVER RATED. Nebraska and Texas lost those game last year--Colorado didn't win them. This will not be the the Huskers year either. They will be re-coaching in a couple of years. I recomend John Blake. In Austin, Sims is pure fluff and Mack Brown doesn't have the stones to win the big ones. Unless Tenn. takes care of business, OU will play Miami for the big one in January. I'll wait until then before I bet the boat payment on that game. Those Miami boys are tough and for real. They have to be to walk to school in that neighborhood. God, I love football season.

Hey Barb, I live thirty five miles south of Manhattan, so GO CATS!! I hate the whole QB controversy thing though!

Deep down I have always been a Bobby Bowden and Florida State fan! That almost gets me disowned around all theses K-State fans. But I truly believe the Big 12 ROCKS!! Talk about some true powerhouse footbal!

Latest posts

Back