installing powerpole

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Matt Cilla

Reaction score
New guy here been fishing out of a nitro since 07. Me an my dad fish primarily.

This year I spent the money to do some upgrades. hds8 and powerpole so I have a lot of work on my hands before the spring rolls in.

I noticed when removing the bolts that go through the motor bracket and transom that it was sealed with a clear silicone from nitro factory.

Reading online a lot of ppl say this is bad and they use 3200 and 5200 3m sealants, what do you think?

I think the silicone is fine bc its water tight and not permanent, in the event I need to remove the bolts again. Ive had the boat since 07 and no signs of water entry.

The bolts are another headache, they werent long enough so I had to find longer ones, 6" 1/2 stainless steel coarse thread bolts and stainless steel nylon lock nuts. Managed to tighten them on a little then it was a major pain, they wouldnt completely tighten down or remove for that matter. I had to cut them off with a sawzall. I'll be looking for new bolts/ nuts tomorrow. I guess thats why the factory bolts are stainless and nuts brass.

any suggestions will be appreciated.

Thanks! God bless nitro boats!

Hey on the silicone i used life seal from bass pro. Its what bob b suggested for the transom bolts. Its really good stuff also when i did mine i found out what the torque needed to be so i torqued them down

thanks chris, is that stuff clear or white? is it a pain to clean off?

Its clear and no its easy once its still wet. But its really good stuff. Bass pro does sell it so i went there cause its close.they sell it online everywhere too i think even amazon too.

Back