Console Cargo Nets

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lwoomer53

Reaction score
Just wanted to share an idea that took fruition over the weekend, since purchasing my 2013 Nitro Z7 Sport I've had issues with shifting gear stowed under the consoles. The stowage on this boat is something to be desired in the first place. No doubt, storing gear in the so-called midship wakeboard storage area is not an option for anything you want to keep dry. So I finally broke down and purchased 2 custom-made cargo nets online for my boat console areas. The cargo nets came with stainless steel screws and bolts and a set of hooks. The installation was a breeze using a drill and a little marine silicone sealant. The cargo nets look good and resolved my stowage (great for PFDs, etc.) and shifting gear issues. Wish I had done this 8 years ago, but better late than never.

Attachments

• Nitro Console Cargo Nets_08-2021.JPG
    Nitro Console Cargo Nets_08-2021.JPG
    343.9 KB · Views: 80
Just wanted to share an idea that took fruition over the weekend, since purchasing my 2013 Nitro Z7 Sport I've had issues with shifting gear stowed under the consoles. The stowage on this boat is something to be desired in the first place. No doubt, storing gear in the so-called midship wakeboard storage area is not an option for anything you want to keep dry. So I finally broke down and purchased 2 custom-made cargo nets online for my boat console areas. The cargo nets came with stainless steel screws and bolts and a set of hooks. The installation was a breeze using a drill and a little marine silicone sealant. The cargo nets look good and resolved my stowage (great for PFDs, etc.) and shifting gear issues. Wish I had done this 8 years ago, but better late than never.
Great job. Was thinking about doing this also. Where did you get the nets from?

Great job. Was thinking about doing this also. Where did you get the nets from?
Good Morning, Just call Rig Rite Manufacturing (218-943-1077) and they will custom make cargo nets to your specifications. The custom cargo nets I received were 25" (W) x 16" (H) and included all the hardware (stainless steel screws/bolts) you need for installation. The maximum height they can make is 16". The price was $20 per net plus shipping. They're friendly folks and very accommodating. Frankly, after plenty of online research this was the only outfit that could provide the cargo nets to my specs. However, you can look at Amazon.com first and search rig rite boat console cargo nets and see what they have that may be adequate for your project with free shipping (if your a prime member). Good luck!

Good Morning, Just call Rig Rite Manufacturing (218-943-1077) and they will custom make cargo nets to your specifications. The custom cargo nets I received were 25" (W) x 16" (H) and included all the hardware (stainless steel screws/bolts) you need for installation. The maximum height they can make is 16". The price was $20 per net plus shipping. They're friendly folks and very accommodating. Frankly, after plenty of online research this was the only outfit that could provide the cargo nets to my specs. However, you can look at Amazon.com first and search rig rite boat console cargo nets and see what they have that may be adequate for your project with free shipping (if your a prime member). Good luck!
Thanks for the help.

Great idea, I was thinking about putting my throwable under the port console with velcro. I think this is better, Thanks.
Yep, that's exactly what I did and added 3 personal floatation devices as well and still a lot more room for more stuff!

Attachments

• Cargo Net1.JPG
    Cargo Net1.JPG
    168.8 KB · Views: 24
  • Cargo Net2.JPG
    Cargo Net2.JPG
    170.3 KB · Views: 20

Latest posts

Back