Install stereo on PT 175

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Peter Hindre

Reaction score
I was wondering if anyone out there has installed a stereo w/ 2 speakers into a Pro Team 175. I just purchased one and now need music to entice the fish. I would like to know where to mount the stereo. Under the dash seems to hollow(open)and my knees might keep hitting it. Any help would be very usefull. Thank you, Pete

Save yourself a multitude of future problems and just buy a small ghetto blaster and take that....then you'll have the option of radio or cd's or tapes.

Pete:

DeWalt makes a portable that's somewhat water resistant.

I have told this to a few people before that like to have music in their boats...

Buy waterproof speakers and a small inexpensive power amp with RCA inputs. One that you wouldnt mind replacing in a few years and mount it in a tucked away place under the dash. Get a patch cord from Radio Shack that has two RCA phono connectors that will attach to the amp, and a 1/8" male stereo headphone jack. Then take your walkman type radio/cd/cassete/whatever and plug the patch cord into the headphone outlet on the walkman. Use the walkman volume and you should be all set.

You can remove the walkman from your boat when ever you want and it wont fall out of the dash onto your feet like a regular radio....I did this years ago in my first glass boat because I didnt want to drill any more holes in it and it worked great!

Mini

That's a great idea, mini! Which battery powers the amp?

TEE - When did you change to "outsider"? Did I miss something?

I used the cranking battery as the power source for the amp. An inline noise suppresor should be used if needed. You could use the trolling motor batteries if you wanted.

Mini

Back