Indianapolis 500

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Don't I wish !!!!!!

I've been there about a dozen time.....

But haven't been in about 20 years.

:(

Teri - We left Indy in '95 because of the race ;-). No, not really, left because of a job change. I've always heard that the Indy folks leave town that weekend and the out-of-towners come in. What part of Indy you in? We lived in Plainfield from 1979 to 1995. Ever fish Glenn Flink Lake in Putnam County. It's been a long time since I was there.

7pin, I live in Indianapolis near Eagle Creek Park. I would love to leave town for the race but I always have a house full of people. My family is in racing and I quit going last year because I don't like the crowd.

I have a tournament at Glenn Flint in September I think. I have never fished that lake. I heard it was pretty small.

Teri,

I was just in Indi a few weeks ago for the Firefighters conference....too bad I' didn't know you were there, we could of met for a beer or two and talked about Staci. hehe

My bad, see you next year.

Pierre

Teri - I'll see if I can squeeze some info out of my brother. He lives in Beech Grove and has fished the lake before. You also heard right - it is small. There's wood and grass that can be fished (at least there was when I was there a long time ago ;-) ).

"Blasted"?

"me!"?

I'm sorry, I have no idea what you're saying.

Please explain.....

I just thought Pierre would be in trouble but I guess that's reserved for me.

JR, I think your boat is a bit steep for my budget.

Teri, I've "known" Pierre for quite some time now..... He and I have joked back and forth about everything from "Eh!" to me being able to go topless in Canada..... He has been wonderfully supportive in many ways! I don't think I have ever seen Pierre post an unkind word on this board. I have seen many, many posts where he has contributed significantly to others.

I only wish I could be invisible for a while so that I could listen in on some of the conversations about me when Members of this board get together! LOL! There is SO much to talk about! I put myself right out there constantly and I know it!

People talk about other people.

That's simple human nature!

Now.....

Wouldn't you love to know what they say about you?!!?

:)

me!

I guess I don't much care what they say about me.

I know what is said about Teri.....and it's all good! LOL!

Bob G.

Me,

My post above was based on no other prior information other than your post to me having dinner with Champ...where you asked what I said about you. I don't know what I've stirred up and to be honest, I don't want to know...I was simply kidding, as I usually do.

As for being invisible, I would not recommend that...i think people talk about you more on the board than not! People here are generally very open and honest, I've seen people get into some serious discussions here, and I agree you put yourself out there and you have received some flack for that but I don't think it goes beyond that. To be quite honest we talk about Tox.

hehe

Pierre

Pierre, I am not trying to stir up anything. I just want to know why me! targets certain people for backlash and not others. I received several emails about one little joke I made.

I believe I have resolved my issue with me! I explained myself to me! and I am not going to have a big blown out drama about it. I simply asked for me to leave me alone. If that makes me a bad person so be it.

Oh great, how'd I manage to get pulled into this. I'm such a "large" target. Now I suppose I have to get all upset, email the entire member list, edit all of my posts for the last month, post 366 pictures, sell the boat and stop fishing, see a shrink, suck my thumb, become a bed wetter, and then beg forgiveness from everyone on this board.

On a serious note, Pierre and I spent a day in the boat, went to dinner and we did talk about people.....for about 3 nano-seconds. The rest of the time we talked fishing and how this board used to be about fishing and how it has a bad habit of getting into personal issues.

Teri is right, we don't need any more drama. Seems like this has been soapbox central lately. People need to get perspective and quit living ther lives through the keyboard. Get out in the real world. Meet real people. GO FISH!!

I can honestly say that everyone I have ever met from this board has been top shelf. I hope that never changes.

TOXIC

Pierre! My Friend! You said and did NOTHING!

You and I BOTH know you were kidding!

I love it!

Now TOX on the other hand.......... :)

Teri was just trying to provoke anger.

Teri had better tell the story straight.......

She e-mailed me first......

I responded and asked her to call me so that we could "get things off our chest". When she didn't, I sent follow-ups. The follow-ups explained a bit further and covering different issues as to why I was hurt by a comment she had made. In the follow-ups, I openned myself up completely as I am known to do. She finally did reply. I was going to just drop it there.

Then she got the claws out again today.....

I was caught as off guard as you were, Pierre.

I had no idea what she was referring to.

Hey, I'M the one that always gets hogpiled here! I'm OFFENDED by what you said Toxic! I'm offended by what Pierre said. I'm offended Jr and Bill said. I'm just plain OFFENDED!!!! So NONE of you come fish in MY lake! LOL

What happened to the "burlap bag and bricks" comment? Getting that out of print so I won't prosecute your threat to try to kill me or trying to make it look better.

Actually rob, I was going to write your name on there... but I figured this is the last you need to get drawn into.

I just made a godamn comment about being in Indi....I'm 3000 miles away....????

hehehe I better keep quiet!

Pierre

No limbs needed for an "Indiana lynching"!!!

Bob G.

Yeah, but my head is TOO big (according to some) to get a noose around, so you guys don't have enough rope to hang me!

Look at the calander people!!!!!!!

IT'S SPRING!!!!!!!!

RELAX AND GO FISHING,WOULD YA' !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Latest posts

Back