humminbird fishfinder help

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wayne gill

Reaction score
unit is a 161. replaced transducer with a xnt-9-20-t.

instill in hull. now no speed or temp. need help.

sonar worked great. speed and temp was great with the old

trasducer witch come with the unit. thanks:(

Did you install it correctly? I mean there is a procedure used to locate the best possible spot in the bilge area. After that is found then it can be epoxied in place. If you need some help with this let me know.

jim,

thanks for offering your help. iwas told i installed the wrong transducer.

should beening xp-9-20-t is a inhull with a temp on it. also had to reset my

select readouts. first time with a fishfiner to much trouble. :huh:

I am certainly not the expert, but you won't be able to read temp with the thru hull puck. The temp probe will be tucked nicely next to the inside of the hull, safely protected by your epoxy. A separate probe, connected to the finder, dipping into the water is what you need. Check adding a temp probe to your finder before buying another puck; believe it will be a cheaper fix.

marty,

yes you can read the surface temp with a thru the hull transducer.

it takes a few minuets for the hull to reach the same temp as the water but they will equal and your good.

the hull will be the same temp as the water soon enough just like if you wrap a thermometer in a plastic bag and then use it.

You are correct about that Joe, but the temperature sensor may not respond fast enough to find that one bit of cold/warm water that you are seeking. I would instead go with an inside-the-hull transducer that also has an externally mounted temperature sensor. This is what the XP-9-20-T is as it has the temperature sensor on the end of a 10 foot cable that comes out of the transducer itself. That should be long enough to be able to snake the temperature cable up through the boat to be able to mount it on the outside of the transom area.

Greg Walters at Humminbird

Latest posts

Back