HumminBird 525 Problems

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Andy Rose

Reaction score
I was recently given a new HumminBird 525 for Christmas, after installing in the boat I noticed when in water any shallower than about 5 feet the unit will display 1.7 as a depth and nothing else till I return to deeper water. When in deeper water the unit works like a champ, showing fish, structure, ect.

Originally I assumed that I had some kind of transducer mounting issue, but when my buddy put his 565 in my boat using the same transducer it worked just fine. I am beginning to think that I must have some setting messed up, does anybody have one of these 500 series units and might have some insight on this issue?

I think I would give 'bird a call and let customer service handle it since it is in warranty.

I know that this sounds a little strange but try this:

- Reset the menus back to the factory defaults by using the Restore Defaults menu. This can be found under the Setup menu tab.

- Set the User Mode menu to the

Talk about the right person to chime in! Thanks for help! I will let you know what I come up with.

Greg is simply the BEST! I've had some similar issues occasionally, so I'll be trying this also on the next trip to the lake (which needs to be SOON!).

Tex

Ok, hit the lake this weekend, put in the new settings and guess what, works like a champ! Thanks for the help Greg!

Latest posts

Back