Humminbird 400TX

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dan McDermott

Reaction score
What is your opinion of the Humminbird 400TX? I am thinking of installing one on the bow.

Great question, Dan! I'm thinking of doing the same thing. Hope to see lots of responses.

Mark

Computer crapped out on mine a couple of weeks ago. Wasn't a real big fan of the unit, but will give the brand new one a shot. If not completely satisfied either one of you can have it for a reasonable price. All you'll need is a transducer (if you're gonna put it on TM).

Will let you know next week after I test it.

Rob,

So you don't run two displays, each on it's own transducer? Where is the switch located on your boat? Thanks.

Mark

I have one on the bow and one on the console. So far I like them a lot. Much nicer than the one's that come with the boat. Haven't had any problems yet.

Mike

I had a Wide Paramount at the console on my last boat and I bought a 400TX for the front. I like the 400TX better than the more expensive Paramount.

I'm selling a 200dx 1 year old and a wide view with both transom and Tm transducers. Both work fine. Upgrading to Garmin 160's. If any of you 'Bird fans are interested let me know. Probably take $200 for both.

MoFish,

The Paramount Wide and the TX series use the same base but I'm not sure about any other.

Rick,

The 128 bases and transducers will work, but the big advantage of the 400 is the tri-beam transducer...which requires a different base and transducer....you're not getting the full advantages of the 400 by using the same bases and transducers as the 128.

Latest posts

Back