How's this for a fishing dog ??

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Steve Rizza

Reaction score
Got a roll of film devovoped yesterday and found these.I had forgotten I snapped them.

He's a master at Dropshotting..:) maybe I should get some lessons.

barkleyfishingntows3.jpg

Pretty good with Crankbaits and Spinnerbaits..:rolleyes:

barkleyfishingntows2.jpg

But sadly has trouble Pitching and Flipping...:( I guess the opposible thumb thing is a big hinderance.:p

barkleyfishingntows.jpg

Now there's a pooch who knows where his meal comes from. Nice pic's.:):)

AWESOME Steve!! My next dog will HAVE to be a boating dog!!!

By the way, those Matrix units look Great on the boat!

Beautiful dog Steve. How does he/she react when you board a fish?

TNitro, you sure thats not a wolf?

yeah i am sure he is not a wolf, he's an alaskan malamute, 2000 years ago, they probably

were wolves.. he is a monster, 150 lbs. he is eye to eye with anything on the kitchen counters.

Aaron,

as soon as he sees me set the hook he jumps up and hangs over the side that I am fighting the fish on.I let him give each fish a lick on the face before I throw it back in the water and he thinks he did something good.

I started "boat training" him as soon as he was settled in as a pup, and now he is just an absolute pleasure to take on the boat for all day trips. As soon as I say the word fishing, he starts running around spinning in circles and won't let me out of his sight because he's afraid I'll leave without him.

This summer I'll rig up a bobber and worm and see if I can teach him to catch Bluegills.He'll sit there and hold a pole for hours.

Dave - thats' no Dog its a YETTI!!!! LOL Great looking pup dude!

Steve - He will REALY sit still with that pole in his mouth??

Trep,

I did tie off the end of the line to the boat,,just in case.:) But he is trained to hold whatever he has untill he is given the command to release it.

The Matrix are working great too.Now that winter is here I am finally plugging them into the CPU and learning how to keep track of all my GPS info. Really neat stuff.

The Mal looks kinda like my youngest Sibe:

Blueyes.jpg

7 yrs old and tops out at 65lbs.

This is my third malamut, the other two were more conventionally sized, about 100 lbs.

this fella won't be 2 years old until april, so he is still filling out

:wacko:

he's gonna get bigger!?

Steve R, sorry didn't mean to hijack your thread. Great looking Lab! :)

Latest posts

Back