How bad is my prop (see photos)

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ed Haugh

Reaction score
I am almost afraid to ask, but how bad is my prop? See pics in my library. Damage was done by previous owner and I thought nothing of it until today. I remember someone saying you should be able to cut your finger on the edge of the prop. Well, mine is more of a serrated edge.. Can this be fixed relatively easily?

That's not too bad. I've had much worse repaired. I don't like leaving a prop dinged up for any amount of time, so if that were my prop, and I couldn't bring it in for a while, I'd touch up some of those nicks with a file until they are at least not snagging on stuff like your prop looks now. I would get it refinished soon though.

All the bet,

Glenn

I agree wholeheartedly with Glenn and recomend getting your prop refinished soon. A welded bead ran on the affected ears, ground to shape, spin balanced, and polished runs about $100-$125 at the prop shops here for stainless, hub pressed in or not. (About $40-$60 for aluminum props.) Good luck! ;)

Looks like mine and I am getting it fixed!!!! Just did it a few weeks ago but it has to be done. the prop slip and loss of power are reason enougH!

Latest posts

Back