Hey Mac, whats the skinny on the new GM trucks?

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jim B

Reaction score
Do you know when they are going to release the actual specs on them? Im curious as to the output figures on the motors and what gearing options are going to be available on the half tons.

I'm going to be in the market for a new one next year so im trying to decide if i want to go 1500 or 2500HD. All i know at this point is its going to be a Chevy or GMC. I promised my nephew when he turned 16 if he kept his grades up and wasnt a toublemaker i would give him my current truck when he turned 16. I have to pay up on that late next year...

It would be nice if GM comes up with a competitor to the Raptor that Ford is putting out. I have seen some tricked out new GM trucks in the dealers lot (lifted, tires/wheels, suspension and body mods) but I think those are dealer add-on's after the fact. I am totally happy with my 3/4 ton but with the daughter advancing in her equestrian competition, I have a feeling that my truck is going to get hi-jacked to pull the horse trailer on the weekends when I will need it to pull a boat (to be purchased this spring). The Raptor with its 6.2 gasser in a 1/2 ton is impressive. I have the 6.0 in my 2500. I am not sold on the Eco Boost (force feeding a 6 to make it perform like a v8) and have been waiting for GM's answer. Get to work Mac Daddy!!:lol:

Until it's released publicly, I cannot/will not say anything......so far just this year, I've heard of 3 people getting fired for leaking info/photo's of new stuff prior to public release. I need my job for another 5 years boys!! :rolleyes:

It should be released soon....and Jim,..don't forget to let me hook you up with a discount cert....what you're doing for your nephew is stellar!!! VERY COOL!! Tox,..when your truck get's hi-jacked and you need another one...."I know a guy!!" :cool:

Thanks to BOTH of you for your dedicated and continued loyalty!!

Mac

Turned 60k miles yesterday on my 2009 GMC, will be looking at a new truck in 35k miles. I only look at two trucks, Chevrolet and GMC!

Will do Mac, I can be patient for sure since im not going to be ready until sometime mid to late next year. From the pictures i have seen from the press releases the new truck looks great.

My nephew has always liked my 06 Silverado since i bought and when he was 10 he said he wanted to buy it when he got his license so i made him a deal. He has upheld his end of the bargin and then some, he's a good kid, doesnt get in trouble ever, is in all honors classes, etc. So in nov 14 its time for me to uphold my end of the bargin. The truck will have some miles on it but i know it will be a good solid dependable vehicle when i give it to him just like it is for me today. I have 150k on the clock now and it still looks and drives like the day i bought it new.

Yeah I may be looking myself..my 04' Sierra just fliiped over 131,000 and still goin' strong.

My 04' Sierra is still less than 70K, I need to get out more. :)

Gene

My 04 Silverado 3/4 is at 118,000 and making another 4 hour run to Bass Pro for a show this weekend. At least I am getting paid mileage!!

Not sure if I will ever get another truck, but it if I do it will be a GMC. My '03 Sierra just turned 237K with nothing more serious than a new water pump at 200K and a new alternator last month!

Mac the discount you offer Is It supplier ??? I can get gms or A buyer Is It more ???

I am buying this Mo...JR

We are looking at getting a new vehicle too. The '02 Avalanche has been an awesome vehicle for the 7 years we have had it. 161,000 miles and still runs pretty good. Small issues but nothing major. Wife did not like my Silverado i had. I realize the 2013 Avs are the last year but gonna try a Ford F150. Wife likes Fords. Not sure what we'll get, as the '06 Liberty & the '02 Av will be traded in, and buy 1 NEW or leftover Ford. Would like the 5.6 Triton, but not sure if they make that motor anymore. The eco boost, does not impress me with gas mileage. The 5.3L Av gets about 15 MPG average. I realize the eco boost is alot more HP squeezed up into a V6 engine, and i know it will haul our snowmobile trailer no problem but will have to wait and see. Around this time next year, we'll start looking. PS, we are going to 1 vehicle rather than 2. 1 Pmt, 1 insurance, 1 gas bill and etc.

JR,...a GMS discount is a little better than the "friends and family".....GMS is like the "employee". Use it!!;)

1999 F150 and still going strong with 167,000 miles!

Latest posts

Back