Hey Jim!

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bryan Fary

Reaction score
I am getting close to doing the hot foot thing. when you purchased your th hot foot does it come with all the hardware to extend the cables from the original control or do you have to buy them separate? i didn't see the pro trim part on the bass pro website. is bass pro the best place to order the parts or do you recommend somewhere else?

Thanks again,

bryan

Bryan,

you will need a new throttle cable to complete the install. I had to get a 14 footer and it was was just the right size. Since we have the same boat i would assume you need the same size. what i did was i took the original cable and only unhooked the motor end, i took that end and brought in back into the boat and tied it up so that ifi ever needed it i could put it right back on even onthe water. you will need to mess with the adjustments for idle and wot on the hoot foot and the cable adjustment at the motor, you may want to have a pro do it if you dont feel comfortable with the throttle linkage on the motor. I got my pro trim and all the other parts from Bass Pro, i see no reason to go anywhere else BPS sems to have the best prices on the parts needed.
http://www.basspro-shops.com/servle...arClassCode=2&hvarSubCode=6&hvarTarget=browse

i have a friend that has an older nitro that someone offered to install a hotfoot for $150. that sounds like a pretty good deal. i am sure that won't include the pro trim attachment. with the new boat, i am just about spent out fixing general things that the previous owner didn't bother messing with. i will definitely put a hot foot on the to do list.

thanks,

bryan

Latest posts

Back