Hey Dale/Mike L !!!

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Donnie Matney

Reaction score
My email was not working so i posted the info/response to your email here...

Yeah you should bring your fly rod. The Pigeon River that runs thru Gatlingburg has tons of trout in it. And is known as avid fly fishing stream, its only about 30 to 40 minutes from the lake depending what siide you are on. As far as jigs, well its mainly a carolina rig lake. Use a watermelon lizzard with chartruse diped tail (maybe dip legs also). Fish the sloping points and you should be on fish, most people back way off them (about 20 feet from the bank) and work the C-rig like that. Also if the crankbait bite is on throw a rootbeer bandit in 300 seris, a 200 will work but i personally like the 300 because it runs a lttle deeper. But the Bandit rootbeer is the only crankbait I throw on that lake because it simply the best bar none.

The water will be down when your there, so there will not be much cover to flip to. But, Muddy Creek is a good place to start, Flat Creel is goo also. Look for what tyoes of banks you are catching fish (red clay, pea gravel, ect) and you can pattern these fish pretty easily. Oh yeah, use a Texas rig worm in watermelon red (zoom finesse or curly tail) or a Manns Dragon Finesse worm in a kudzu or watemelon clear (or something close to that) on the steeper banks or shalow banks like you would normaly fish t- rig baits.

If you can fish the C-rig go with that first, I cant fish it that good so I mainly use a texas rig worm or a rootbeet bandit. Watermelon is a good choice to start with or anything in a watermelon red or natural blue.

Hope this helps...i can give you more detailled info if you want.....places to start or banks...i realy dont care to give spots away because i will be there in May and may need some info myself. LOL!!

I have a tourny then and may need the help. Giive ne a shout back!!

Thanks again Don!!...I will be sure to let you know were we

will be heading and maybe we can hook up. Either way you will get lots of feedback for your help...Thanks.

.....Mike L.

10-4 Mike...maybe we can hook up when we get there....lets stay in touch i may need some of that feed back that day!! Thanks a bunch!

Latest posts

Back