Going To Eufaula, Al After Christmas

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FLsportsman

Reaction score
I'm going back to Lakepoint after Christmas. Looking for fishing tips and damn schedules. Last couple of years I've been going to Lake Gunthersville because it's hard to get a cabin that pets are allowed.

Anyway, does anyone think the bass will be in the main channel and deep? Last time I went west of Lakepoint and looked for sharp drops and points. I used Texas rigged Zoom tricks and weightless Senkos. Also caught one or two on red Rat L Trap.

I Love Eufaula. Great laid back town

Any help would be nice

I'm trying to remember if I've ever fished there or not. Guntersville has just grown so much and prices of hotels/motels seemed to have tripled so its not worth going anymore there. Gone are the days when I could rent a boat and take it to the hotel dock and use it there for several days, same with a pontoon boat. Take some pics when you fish there, I'd like to see the area and the fish.

I spend a lot of time at the state parks. I can't believe my wife enjoys some of the "rustic" cabins we stay. I thinks she's a trooper and just wants to get away from work.

I like small lake towns in Alabama. Always good food is to be had. Also most people are super nice. I want to go to Pickwick some time

I just looked up your location. You are very accessible to a lot of nice lakes.

Last edited:
Percy Priest is a death trap - too many drunk/crazy boaters along with huge rocks just under the surface of the water if you're not familiar with the travel lanes. For handicap boaters, there's no place to park, and definitely not enough boat launch areas and parking. So wife and I go to Joe Wheeler State Park, where that's plenty of parking, level areas, and plenty of handicap parking. Probably the best area we've ever been to. We stay at the lodge as every room has a view of the lake and I can park the boat right there and we can park our wheelchairs on the dock. No place in TN like that, we've looked, Joe Wheeler has it all plus fishing is fantastic.

GH - long time no talk.
We're going on the 28 - 31 December so the rain should clear out. Well hopefully.
My strategy is to go north of Lakepoint on the Cowikee and stay on the east fork. I'm going to look for steep drops and throw red 10ft crankbait and Rat L Traps slowly followed by worming.
Then I want to hit the mouth of the Wylaunee branch with the same tactics. I'll also throw some white spinner if the water is clear.
One of the days I'll head north and fish the same on the main and connecting channels of the Chattahoochee.

I guess it will depend on on water temp and clarity of the water after the rain. Also, how do I find the damn schedule ?

I'm at Lakepoint now. I've been fishing blue senko on the banks and leting it soak a long time. The bite is real light. I mean real light.

Drinking beers at the lodge right now.

How are is the food at the airports?

I’m sure the changing and higher than normal temps for this time of year combined with the little bit of rain we got have really messed up any type of pattern there may have been Doug. I don’t know of anyone who has been able to go fishing within the last week, not that it would help.
I haven’t eaten at the airport restaurant in many years. If I’m in the mood for a good sit down meal I usually head the River City Grill or to Old Mexico for Mexican. I did eat at the restaurant there at Lakepoint earlier this year and it was pretty good. It really depends on what I want to eat where I go.

I caught nine with the blue senko. Might just as well kicked my other rods off the boat.

I like el Jalisco and the magnolia grill on Broad St. I'm grilling steaks tonight but tomorrow we are eating at the Cajun restaurant tomorrow. I love this town. Everyone is so nice.

Latest posts

Back