Hey Carlos

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Donnie Matney

Reaction score
If I saw the commercial correctly, looks like Mythbusters will be "re-visiting" the shot thru the scope episode again. I am not sure when it's supposed to air. I really hope they re do this one again.

Donnie

Carlos,....they better have you on the show!! ;) If they want to "bust" that aledged "myth" which we BOTH know is a true FACT,...and they have the cahonies to stand behind their findings,.....have THEM look thru the scope while YOU send a .308 thru the beeeyyotch!!:eek:

LOL....we'll see who get's BUSTED!!

I saw that show and i can assure u the mythbusters were wrong about another segment of it.

The part where they said hitting a hammer with a hammer and getting schrapnel. I am living proof that the hammers may break as i have a piece of a sledge hammer about the size of a 32 Cal bullet lodged in my right lung from doing so. I was using a railroad spike hammer as an extention to drive a pin in a Bulldozer and it broke off and struck me in the chest and i can assure them i have the X-rays to prove it. Happened in 1978 and the piece is still lodgen in my lung. So much for their busted myth. So Carlos i doubt the myth of your dad's shot is busted either. Those guys are the ones busted!!

RW

I saw the episode. They were using modern scopes, which probably have more (and larger) lenses than the scope C II shot through to kill the guy.

Gene

That's what CIII told me. He said the scope his dad shot thru was a Russian made with less/thiner lenses.

Donnie

CII took the scope and rifle and was going to ship it home,...but somewhere between his base camp and the USA...it "disappeared":angry: Nobody has ever seen it again!!:(

CIII I hope they get in touch with you. I would like to see it done right and prove them wrong.

Donnie

Carlos you know the guy that donated the scopes? How much would one of those guys be worth these days?

Donnie

Carlos they have tons of posts on that message board now. Everyone is arguing about what caliber/scope was actually used. I missed the show last night, hopefully I can catch a re-run.

Donnie

D... right... If Carlos is okay with this it is done!

Semper Fi to both of you...

No problem Carlos, I didn't want you to miss anything. I am glad they did it on the up and up. Have a great week and catch some big uns'.

Donnie

I know that if CIII is ok with everything I'm certainly in no position to second guess him. I would have loved to see him take that shot though.:) I saw another episode of that show where they declared as false that a bullet could knock down or even spin around a person.

They were using sand bags hanging from above and that had to alter the center of gravity.

I SAW a Colt M1911A1 not only knock someone down but stop him dead in his tracks and knock him backwards. Myth Busters said that was impossible. :blink:

Uncle Billy

Most of us know what Carlos 11 did.. We know what His Son has done...Enough Said...There are and wil be alot of heros..Some will be glorified,Some will not..Carlos Is one of Americas great heros that saved more lives than can be known,and didn't receive the recognation that he deserved In his lifetime.....C111 spent his time doing the same In his way..There are many more In harms way ...All I can say Is Carlos 11 and 111 In my Heart are the Greatest Men to ever wear the uniform..I was there and I can only Imagine C11's Life saving mindset....Carlos Thank You for being my Personal Friend..Your family Is like no other..God Bless you all....

JR

Back