Here you go JR.....order yours in early '09!!

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bill McElroy

Reaction score
They are gonna be SWEEEET!!!

2010Camaro.jpg

2010camarobk.jpg

Convertible:

2010Camarovert.jpg

Sweet...but, I can only imagine what $$$$$$$$$$$$:unsure::cool:

...Actually less than you might think TEE.....I'll find out the base price and get back to ya...;)

Mac - They gonna put a 6 speed manual in both the RS V-6 and the V-8s??

Still looking at a used Magnum, just wish I could get a 6 speed manual tranny on it.

Trep,....Yes,..both engines will have 6 spds available.

Tee,..."official" pricing is not available yet, BUT,..they are shooting for mid-high 20's for base price.....my guess would be 26-29G's:cool:

The V6 version of the 3,700-pound vehicle has 304 horsepower and is expected to get 26 to 27 miles per gallon on the highway, Peper said. The V8 has 422 horsepower and is expected to get 23 mpg on the highway.

Production of the vehicle is set to begin Feb. 16 in Oshawa, Ont. GM has not yet released the pricing for the vehicle, but Peper said "it will be the best value in the sports-car segment."

I say low 30's and mid for an "equipped" model:wacko:

I see they are getting 40 to 50 for a Stang!:eek:

The hard top definitely has old style to it.

My 69 SS had to be the best looking front end GM has ever done;):cool:

TT,...yes,..that's the 2010 Camaro......going into production later this fall....available for "ordering" in early '09.

Cockpit looks OK but that steer wheel is butt ugly:rolleyes:

I myself owned 2 Chevelles and 1 Camaro and liked the Chevelle better for looks and had more room. Easier to work in the engine compartment too.......

AHHH The good Ol Days of actin' like a fool and burnin' the streets:cool:

when i talked to a local dealer., he said to expect to pay 10 k over sticker for the first ones, then 5k for any special ones. ie, big hp etc. he thought low 30's for the v-6

and mid to high 30's even low 40's for the upper end cars.

mike c

Mike,....don't put too much faith in that.......'Vette's use to get 5-7K over sticker....but they're not getting that now. I can see the dealers getting FULL sticker...maybe a tad more....but 10K OVER?!...Not a chance!!

10k over for the first few in circulation probably.....

The first one will go in the "Heritage Museum"......the 2nd one will go in Lutz's garage,..and the 3rd one will go to the highest bidder!! :rolleyes:

i agree mac, but the mustangs upper level is still going for over sticker, it seems like this car will have a strong but small following, in that it is going to take super unleaded to run the engine, and that will eliminate alot of potential owners, except for the v-6.

this is just my opionun, i like the car, but with the way everything is going i just hope it gets a fair shake, because is a sweet ride.

mike c

I agree......I hope the "press" gives it a fair shake too, but who knows what the market will bear a year from now anyway.....GM's worst nightmare would be to spend gazzillion's on this VOLT project, and then we start drilling off shore and oil prices drop back down!!Dealers would be stuck with battery powered or hybrid's that won't sell and everyone wants BIG cars and trucks again!! OMG!!! I think the entire top floor of the Ren Cen would committ mass suicide!! :wacko::blink::eek:

Would'nt THAT be about par for the course??!!!:huh::wacko:

the real challenge begins when the diesel hybrids enter the game, the volkswagon jetta hybrid has been pulling consistant low 90's per gallon during its year long test. it could change the whole game.

mike c

the real challenge begins when the diesel hybrids enter the game, the volkswagon jetta hybrid has been pulling consistant low 90's per gallon during its year long test. it could change the whole game.

mike c

Speaking of paying over sticker-The first '09 ZR-1 Vette rolled off the line today here in Bowling Green. The buyer, a Chevy dealer from Bozeman, MT, paid $1,000,000 to get the first one. List price was $103,000. The diference between list and selling price went to the United Way of Southeast Michigan. Hutch

I was in contact with them...Only 2 dealers are getting them..detroit and california..I tried toy use my family to get an order I got all the specs on It..6 speeed auto Is what I want around 40,000 convertable late 09 they are calling It the 2010 camero..I will get one as soon as they let me order It..It will probably be packages and not single Items...It goes well over 500 HP without any tampering..I will have me one...Thanks Mac

JR....... This Is supposed to eat the Vette up...my Buddy has the cadddy and It smoked a Z06

Mac, that is one sweet lookin' ride... can you fetch me up a version that can tow a bass boat?

Cass,..your car isn't even broken in yet!!..LOL.....the mileage will probaby get better too as the engine and drive train "loosen up" a little. I like the new Mustangs too....great styling......i like the new Charger's too...very cool!!

Dave,...I think you might be limited to an inflatable belly boat in the trunk!!:rolleyes:;)

Mac, One thing we liked about the Mustang was the retro look but had the new Camero convertible been out it would have gotten serious consideration from us. It would have to be able hold our golf clubs with the top down. LOL

I think you have a winner there!!

Cass

I haven't seen one in person yet,......can't wait!!!(I saw the concept show car, but those are mock-ups and the doors/trunk/hood don't open) But I'm sure it'll hold a couple golf bags!! If the Fiero could,...this Camaro BETTER!!! LOL

The Goat never got off the ground...maybe bring back the Lemans?

I had a 1970 Lemans T37 (special edition) that I sure wished I had back....dumb kid that I was at time didn't know there were only about 5500 made at the time....kickin' myself over that one. Looked like this one but, dark maroon. Registered 135 on odot;)

PT70100903M.jpg

Sweet looking car, Mac.

Can I get the option where it transforms into a robot and crushes every vehicle that gets in my way?

Here's a little more info for the curious car fans that hang out here!!:rolleyes:

First Look: New Camaro Unveiled, Ready for Sale in '09

Pittsburgh Post-Gazette

By Don Hammonds

July 24, 2008

The long wait for Chevrolet Camaro fans is over.

A production version of the much anticipated car was formally unveiled this week, with a strong emphasis on a 26 miles per gallon fuel rating for its 3.6-liter, 300-horsepower V-6.

Two of the rear-wheel-drive Camaro's models, the LS and the LT, will come with the V-6 and a choice of either six-speed manual or six-speed automatic transmission. A 422-horsepower SS also will be introduced to help uphold Camaro's legendary V-8 performance reputation. The V-8 will come with Active Fuel Management, which automatically shuts off some cylinders as you drive, to save gasoline.

All Camaros will go on sale during the first quarter of 2009, with production likely to begin in February.

With the recently introduced Dodge Challenger and the coming all new 2010 Mustang waiting in the wings, car lovers everywhere will no doubt enjoy plenty of accounts of the "pony car horsepower wars" in buff magazines, much like what happened during the late 1960s and early 1970s when those cars ruled the road.

Chevy and General Motors took a dramatically different approach to unveil the Camaro with its Webcast unveiling and its emphasis on showing the fuel-efficient V-6 models first, a nod to the current gas price crisis sweeping the country.

When Dodge introduced its Challenger recently, it was the Hemi-powered versions that were spotlighted first, with less expensive, fuel sipping versions taking a back seat until the fall, when 2009 versions will be introduced.

"We want people to know that this is not just a muscle car; it will be for everyday driving, too. We wanted to get that word out early," said Vince Muniga, manager of product communications on the Camaro team.

The introduction was a surprise to many auto writers, who had speculated that nothing would be heard until late fall or early winter on the new car.

"There's just been so much excitement around the car, and we wanted to end a lot of the speculation that was building. A lot of people were saying this and that, and people were talking about the interior and the different variations of the car. We thought the best thing to do would be to get the car out there so we can control things. It's no longer a blurred image. This is the real car," said Mr. Muniga.

The Camaro will come in 10 colors and have such features as variable rate power steering, "StabiliTrak" stability and traction control system standard on all models, Competitive/Sport modes for the stability system offered on SS models including "launch control" on manual transmission equipped cars, six standard air bags including heard curtain side impact air bags, and a choice of 18-, 19- and 20-inch wheels.

The Camaro also will offer to get a premium Boston Accoustics system, Bluetooth phone connectivity, USB connectivity, an ultrasonic rear parking assist system, OnStar and XM Satellite radio and a remote vehicle starting system.

Looks-wise, the production Camaro is largely faithful to the concept car that received wide applause a couple of years ago at the North American International Auto Show in Detroit when it was introduced. But you'll see a lot of the first 1967 model in it, too -- the fully open circular rear wheel wells, which differed from the later squared-off ones that appeared on the 1969 Camaro.

The new car does have such hallmarks as "side gills" that recall the classic 1969 model, arguably Camaro's most popular year. Other Camaro cures include broad rear fender shoulders and a forward V shape at the front of the car.

Inside, the Camaro has an instrument panel that will remind fans of the older model's desig

Here's another interesting piece:

GM BRANDS SCORE WELL IN NEW JD POWER CSI SURVEY .... The recently released 2008 J.D. Power Customer Satisfaction Index shows GM dealers continue to deliver quality service to customers.

Three GM brands ranked in the top 10 in the study, which measures satisfaction among vehicle owners who visit dealers for maintenance or repair work during the first three years of ownership.

Cadillac came in second place, just one point behind Jaguar. Buick was in third place, while Saturn tied Honda for 10th place.

Respectively, the top ten brands in the survey were: Jaguar (923), Cadillac (922), Buick (919), Lexus (915), Lincoln (913), Mercury (908), Acura (904), Infiniti (903), BMW (901), Honda (897), and Saturn (897).

All GM brands ranked in the top 15, outperforming the industry average.

At the bottom of the list, those brands that ranked below the industry average, starting with Isuzu at the lowest ranking at 782 points, were, in ascending order, Volkswagen (842), Kia (844), Scion (845), Suzuki (846), Mazda (851), Nissan (857), Jeep (858), Dodge (858), Land Rover (863) and Toyota (871).

I want mine In the driveway tonight Mac..Pick up the boat on your way out will YA....JR

JR,

Are you still trying to sell your 619? Friend of mine just had one crushed in a vcar/trailer accident. He might be looking for a replacement on his own. Let me know.

Latest posts

Back