Christmas Lights at your home

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AirForce

Reaction score
Thought I'd start a thread here. It takes a lot out of me putting up Christmas lights. I started a thread hoping everyone would post pics of the lights inside or outside or both of their lights. Inside I didn't do much at all. Put up a new 3ft fiber optic lighted little tree. Wife was disappointed since its the first year in many she's stayed home for Christmas, as she usually go to her mothers (I don't go, I'd just sit in the hotel room). At home I can play my combat game (pc only).

So I think I've finally got the lights strung, its not a thing of beauty per se, but hey, I do it for the kiddies in the neighborhood. Although almost all of them have grown a LOT since I bought this house in 2008. Myself, don't have kids, never can (thanks Agent Orange) so I've kinda adopted the ones across from me so I usually do something for them (until they turn 16), so only 2 left (one just turned 9, other turned 15).

So post some pics of what you do, myself, I'd love to see it. I LOVE to be able to have the money to go whole hog and get that computer generated stuff to music, but unless I win the lottery, its not gonna happen. November kinda ruined it for me being so cold and rainy early - too early. I'll post my pics tomorrow night of my ummmm funky arrangement LOL o_O:D

Here's mine. Easy and simple. Enjoy.
DSC01600.JPG
DSC01599.JPG

Barry, I like your clean look and especially the green grass. Mine has turned crunchy and brown from the early winter we got. Usually doesn't get this cold until Feb. It warmed up to 60 yesterday, 49 maybe today, but mid 60's into the weekend then back to mid 40's but definitely better than low 30's we've been getting. Barry, are those the C7 light bulbs? They look bigger than the little mini's I use. Really curious too how you get the window wraps with no bulbs leading out of the frames

Mark, I like that effect those lights give but I bet they are not LED types throwing all that light against the house like that.

Yes AF, the are c-7's and I bought some clips years ago and they stay attached to the shudders. On strand circles the windows and door perfectly. Three strands cover the front perfectly. I have a time clock wired in from the electrical panel so the lights come on and off as needed. As far as the grass, the lights were put up a week before Thanksgiving but not turned till after Thanksgiving. Since then we have a couple of hard freezes so it's dead and brown.

ahhh sure looked really good green ;) I use the dusk/dawn types, also lets me set it to 2,4,6,8 hrs after dusk too. So Christmas Eve I set it to always on then turn it off 2 days after Christmas. I need to do like you guys, can't depend on my neighbors girls to help :rolleyes:. Happened to browse an aisle at Lowes and found this extendable pole that lets you put clips on roof singles or gutters and found some other clips that'll let me staple it to wood and hang the lights off of them. No more standing on a ladder year after year. Once the clips are in place, I just leave them there. :D

Ok, got some of mine tonight, only my camera isn't doing me much justice. It was dark, but my camera even without flash makes it look almost daylight but here goes nothing.

DSCN0083.jpg~original

DSCN0090.jpg~original

DSCN0089.jpg~original

DSCN0085.jpg~original

DSCN0084.jpg~original

DSCN0088.jpg~original

and a little video to show the blinking stuff :p

Here are a few from my place, and sorry the pics aren't too good. The cell phone can only do but so much.

We moved to a new to us home in the late-fall, and it's first time in several years where we were somewhere for people to actually see our lights. I personally am pretty pleased with them, and I even had a couple folks stop the other day when I was out front working on the fence. It's one thing for my wife and kids and the in-laws to say they look good, but it was very nice to have folks actually stop on a fairly well traveled road to make mention of it to me. Apparently the family that lived here before didn't do too much with the exterior of the house, as they commented that it was good to see some life around the house now.

I draped/wrapped the smaller bushes and trees, threw a bunch of 'leftover' lights and rope lights over the big magnolia in the center and hung a couple strands between the columns. Also, per my wife's request, I made the three trees (two white, one red) out front. It was a pretty easy project with a couple 2x4's, black spray paint and some screws to wrap the wires around. I secured it with conduit clamps, and drove a 4' rebar stake in the ground and just slid the bar thru the clamps on the back of the 2x4. They actually look 3 dimensional when coming down the road. My wife has since added a nice wreath to the door to finish it all off. I'll be incorporating the fence next year, and I'm sure I'll be expanding it a bit as the years progress and our family grows (meaning more help from our 3-boys???)

I love this time of year, and it's rewarding and good feeling to bring a little enjoyment to folks as they drive by on their way home each day.

Merry Christmas
20131204_191755_resized.jpg

20131204_191708_resized.jpg

Man that looks great :thumbs up: You know I'm taking notes so if I'm still alive next year I can do a better job on mine LOL.

Latest posts

Back