here is the ultimate trailer for your rig!

• Thread starter JEFF WHITE [URL]http://www.walleyesinc.com/walleye
  • Start date
Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JEFF WHITE

Reaction score
check it out,fully enclosed trailer for your boat!and its for sale too!on the same page is a double decker trailer for 2 boats.the enclosed is 6 grand,the double deck trailer is7 grand.
http://www.walleyesinc.com/walleyeinc3/double.jpg
posttrailer3.jpg

here is the double deck trailer.i seen one on bowers marine website,needs some work,2500 i think they wated for it.
double.jpg

My wife's only comment; (to me) "you are dead meat!"

That's just what I need. A double decker trailer so I can have TWO boats just sitting in my driveway!!

Or has Tournament fishing gotten so competitive that you have to carry a "SPARE" boat...HA

Enclosed trailers like that were the rage a few years ago,...guido and Dion Hibdon used one just like that,...then they learned that they are a major PIA to park and maneuver in hotel/motel parking lots among other places and the vast majority of the pro's got rid of them and went back to just pulling their boats on regular trailers. Live and learn!!

With the lakes in my area as low as they are, you would have to have your tow vehicle underwater to load the double decker!! Enclosed sounds like a good idea but I can see problems in the long run.

TOXIC

Really stupid question:

Do most pro's drive their own vehicles and pull their own trailers or do they have someone else who does that for them or maybe even have demo boats available for them at the tournament locations?

The vast majority all drive their own trucks and boats! On occasion if a major celebrity fisherman is going to fly in to make an appearance or host an event,..they will arrange to have a demo boat made available for their use. When we did the Mustad Classic up here last summer,...Hank Parker had to be in a Ranger with a MinnKota on it!! Mini got a hold of one of our friends with a Ranger and Hank borrowed his boat for the weekend,...although it had a M/G on it,...it was basically,.."Take it or leave it Hank,..that's the best we could do!!"..LOL....he's a GREAT guy,....very very funny!!! I've heard that Jimmy Houston fly's to alot of tournaments and has drivers meet him there with his rig,...but he's deffinetely the exception..and not the rule!! KVD drives to all his events,...but they will also leave their trucks and boats at a "friends" house in the area if they want to fly home for a few days and then fly back to practice or for the tournament....that happens a lot. Most bass pro's are control freaks anyway...they don't want to rely on other people to have to pick them up

or meet them somewhere,...they want to control as much of their lives and their very limited "free time" as much as possible,.....and they want to be able to "leave" as soon as possible sometimes!! LOL...having their own "wheels" available let's them do that!!

Mac

Two more dumb questins if you don't mind.

#1 Once you load the boat on to the covered trailer, how do you get out of it? Hands & knees lowcrawl out the back? How about getting to your stuff?

#2 This is half in jest and half seriously, but how do you load/unload the top boat without getting the bottom boat full of water? I have loaded out on some lakes where you would be in the middle of the lake before you got that deep and on others where you would drop off into 100 ft. I'm sure this trailer just for hauling boats to dealers ect. right?

I know there must be an obvious answer but I can't figure it out and like I always tell my kids -- The only stupid question is the one you don't ask.

Harpo

Don't have a phot but...Saw a couple driving a 3500 Ram diesel 5th wheel...had a 35'+ travel trailer...and on top of the travel trailer...rig was similar to the double deck boat trailer (top boat swings down) it had a 17-18' bass boat on top in a swing down complete with two wheels...awesome looking rig...but I don't think they could use the Mickey-D drive through... a little too tall!

Harpo - I'll guess on the first one. I'd bet there is a Door in the front of the covered trailer to get out and in.

On the double decker, good question - I just assumed it was for long distance travel and they used a marina hoist at the other end.

Trep...

The double decker...the top boat drops down after the bottom one is launnched...kinda swings down and back... really pretty cool.

Scott - We used my '01 929 and a buddy's '01 901 for Kevin Van Dam and Tim Norman during this year's Mustad Ultra Point Classic held here on Lake Lanier. (See My Library) I just put it for sale. Take a look and tell me what you think! Woo and Tommy Martin brought their rigs and Ben Parker (Hank's son and my good friend) brought his boat so he and dad could play between festivities. Usually, everybody drives their rig to and fro to tourneys, promos, shoots, etc. I really felt for Denny Brauer. He was getting his back operated on ,again, two weeks after we did the Mustad event and still drove, fished and showed what a true professional he is. I talked to him about a month ago and he is feeling better than ever. It was the third time in two years he had to get cut on. What a trooper! Come see us next year on Old Hickory for the 2003 Mustad Ultra Point Classic. Better yet, register to win and you could be fishing there with us on our tab!!

Dan -

I was just over on the "Swap and Sell" and took the liberty of putting your boat's picture in the listing. Great looking rig! I can't imagine the kinda pain DB must have been in riding in ANY size boat if he needed back surgery - and out on Lanier, no less! Ouch!

How do I register?

me?

Scott - Thanks for the picture help! To register, stop by the Mustad vendor booth at any of our Spring Classics. Mac'll tell ya, they're quite a shindig!

They are AWESOME indeed,..the winner's are really wined and dined by Mustad with ALL expenses paid and it's quite the thrill for the winner's. The 1st one was held last year in Detroit,...Mini and I did most of the "leg work" up here and the girl that actually WON the tournament was from Bay City, MI...LOL Her name is Kristie, and she was a real sweetheart!! She still comes into the store now and then with her husband and she gives Mini and I hugs and kisses every time she see's us!! They drove down from Bay City, but Mustad flew the other 4 contestants AND their spouses in from various other states. They all got all kinds of Mustad clothing, Rods and reel combo's,..tackle boxes and just mountains of free stuff from all kinds of companies!

I drew a custom cartoon and had all 5 Pro's autograph it, and she won that aswell,..and the 4 other contestants all got customized BPS rods with the handles all drawn up and all 5 Pro's signed those too....they were real keepsakes!

Kristie fished with Woo and they had a ball together,..Woo is hilarious anyway, but he was on fire that weekend!! Denny Brauer was really funny too, telling about the guy he had (BTW,..4 of the 5 contestants in MI were women!!) trying to remove an imbedded hook from Denny's hand!! Man that was funny,...not at the time,..but his story sure was!!

Here's the real coup de gras,....Kristie took the $5,000 gift certificate and used it as a downpaymnt on a new boat for her husband!! Is she the whoop or what??!! That was a weekend those 5 people and their spouses will NEVER forget!

Hank Parker wants one of my 'toons so bad, that when he saw Kristie again thus past june in GA he told her,.."Tell ol Bill that the UPS truck STILL drives by my house EVERYDAY and he STILL hasn't dropped off that picture yet!!"..LOL

Hank really fired me up when he saw me in Springfiled this past spring too......I better get that done soon!!! LOL

You're right though Dan,..it's an awesome event and well worth the 3mins it takes to fill out an entry form!!

BTW,..the 5 Pro's are: Denny Brauer, Tommy Martin, Woo Daves, Kevin VanDam, and Tim Norman. The night of the main dinner, we all went to Mtn. Jacks and had a GREAT time,...all 5 pro's mingled all night and treated those contestants like they were their best friends....talk about a private party...man that was too cool!!! Shoot, who am I kiddin'??..I was on cloud 9 too!!! LOL Sat across the table from Denny and Tommy,.....and talked about deer huntin'!! ahahaha...there is a god!!!

Mac

Mac,

Kristie is from Edwardsburg, MI.......I saw her at the Lunkers show last spring....you are getting old...lol

Mini

PS And who did the leg work????? lol

Someone get me a stack of entry forms - NOW! I'll start filling 'em out over the holidays and stuff the ballot boxes at the show here in St. Louis!

EXCUUUUUUUUUUSSE me!!!..LOL...seems you had a lot more "free time" last year than i did,.........sorry for the confusion!! LOL

Latest posts

Back