help with TM wiring

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Michael Snow

Reaction score
I have a '99 911 CDC. I just got a 24v Minn Kota trolling motor. The simple question is, what wire goes to what? The plug I have has 4 prongs (but three wires. The old motor was a 12/24 (I got it used, so I'm assuming the original was 12/24). The trolling motor has the two positives coupled and the two negatives coupled. I have an orange, red, and black on the old motor. What do I put where, and do I need a new plug?

The easiest way to figure it out would be to take the plug apart and use a multimeter to measure the voltage across the black and red and black and orange wires. whatever one is 24 volt will show up easily. my bet is its the orange one. i now the plug on my 882 was labeled inside but i tested it anyway to be sure. from there just put the black to the terminal where the old black was and the red on the minnkota to the 24 volt terminal. the plug you have should be fine. If you dont have a meter go to radio shack and get yourself one. you can get a basic digital one for like 20 bucks. its a handy tool to have.

Great advice....but make sure you check and recheck your connection before you plug the motor in.

Mini

Thanks everyone for your help. I got the motor installed and tested and I'm pulling 24v. Now, I just have to get the boat to the lake and play :)

Latest posts

Back