Help with Terrova install on Nitro 288

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jared Weiss

Reaction score
I recently purchased a Minn Kota Terrova, and quick release bracket. My current trolling motor is the Motorguide with quick release for stowing. I am trying to figure out the best way for installing/mounting the new motor. Do I need an adapter, or do I just try to drill holes? Has anyone mounted one? Any suggestions or ideas for mounting would be greatly

appreciated.

Specs

Nitro 288 sport fish n ski

Current motor Motorguide

24 volt system

Thank you

If your new quick release doesn't line up, you're likely to have to drill holes. You may get lucky with at least 2 lining up. I don't know of any adapter available. Be sure to have appropriate isolator bolts to secure if you have to drill.

Thank you I just picked up the isolated bolts this morning. Will give it a shot.

It was not easy. Due to the hole created by the motorguid quick release bracket I had a tough time finding a place to attach the quick release mount. I ended up using three of the existing holes from the front mount. Needed to drill into the quick mount. It was challenging finding an area to mount it due to the clearance it needs to deploy the motor. Not sure if this was the best way. I am open to suggestions for a more secure mount.

Jared,

I did the same swap out on a 189 sport. I took a 1/2" plate of aluminum and drew the outline of the Minn Kota mount. Once that was cut out, I placed it on the existing plate so that I got the clearance I needed over the bow of the boat and marked where the holes are on the Motorguide plate. Drilled those out and mounted the new plate to the old plate, then the mount to the new plate. It is a little bulky but works like a charm and still removable. If you want pics, e-mail me at [email protected] and I will take some and send them to you.

Latest posts

Back