Help removing boat numbers

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tornado

Reaction score
The numbers on my boat, 896 Savage, are old and have had one too many trips to Falcon. Does anyone know of an easy way to remove the old numbers to replace them with new? Any suggestions will be appreciated. Thanks in advance. Jim

Could I talk you into taking a picture of them and e-mail them to [email protected]

I bought the same boat and the 896 savage was already removed and I am trying to replace them too.

If you have a pneumatic gun, they make an attachement that is kind of like an eraser that works awsome. I was trying to carefully take mine off with a razor and heat gun once, and a friend of mine brought this little tool by and it was off in seconds.

Calmly walk out to the boat and loudly mention how happy you are that the numbers aren't falling off. That will surely get them headed toward the ground. :wacko::wacko::wacko:

Of course, this may also be one of those things you want to do after you leave your boat outside on one of those 100+ degree days. Decals definitely are interested in coming off more readily.

Spray some furniture polish on them, or rub it in with a cloth. My wife helped me with mine. Works great.

Just remember to clean very well afterward, before putting on new numbers.

Tex

Sounds like a good excuse for a new boat. If the numbers are failing, what else may go any time now. I know someone that went in for an oil change and walked out with a new car. The waiting room had windows that looked out on the showroom.

Go to a local paint and body shop they have some awsome glue re-mover stuff. By the way where are you at? I also go to Falcon my self.

Any vinyl sign shop in the area will have a product called rapid tack/remover that they use to install and remove vinyl when re-doing signs. Spray some on and let it sit then work with hard plastic squeegee. I still have some left over from my old business that I used on boat letters, car dealership decals, lic plate stickers, etc.

Hair dryer directly on the vinyl till it's almost to warm to touch. Peel with fingernail. Should be able to pull off in one piece. If it starts to tear, aim the hair dryer at it while pulling. You'll get the hang of it. Clean adhesive residue up with WD-40, then wipe down with rubbing alchohol.

Ask me how I know.:D

Ace4u I live in Boerne, Tx manage to get to Falcon 3 to 4 times a year. This is the first time since I've been in South Tx that I have seen both Falcon and Amistad full. Having to learn them all over again.

For everyone that's replied thank you.

Latest posts

Back