Help!! My boy is seeing Spots!!!

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dan J.

Reaction score
Lanier's topwater fishing has came alive and my oldest is getting addicted to jumping schools of these magnum spots. We took the Skiff out today and waxed 'em until our thumbs were bloody. We were eating lunch at Up the Creek by 1:00pm and home by 3:00pm. Can't honestly say the total caught (not counting the albino racing carp :lol: ), but here are a couple from our second stop this morning at about 7:30am. (Pardon the crummy cell phone pic.)

DSC00001.JPG

If you're close or thinking of being close, get out there. You don't have but about four or five more months of this!! :D:wub:

My brother's an optometrist, maybe he can help!:p

Or possiby all you need to do is clean off those cool sunglasses of all the water spots

those spots are splashing up on him.:cool:

There's nothing better than a young man at your side and schooling fish by the boat.

Good Job Young Man! ( And you too Dan!)

Yes sir I just love Lainer this time of the year!! Bet little man was stoked!!

As we always say, that's what it is all about. Good job being the guide to everlasting memories (for both of you).

TOXIC

Thanks fellas for the kind words!! My boy doesn't understand (yet) just how rare of a gem we live on with Lanier. The average size and schooling of spotted bass is off the charts compared nationally. (Not to mention the striped bass - a.k.a. albino racing carp :p ) We enjoy it as often as the tuna cruisers, bowriders and jetski's allow. :wacko: Generally by noon the south end is a washing machine (think Miracle Mile MVM'ers) and just not as safe as I need for my boy(s). However, the mornings are flat, the fish are receptive and the tuna must be sleeping! :lol: Thanks again! He's very stoked and appreciative to have his pic up here on our great site. ;)

Any of y'all get the urge, these spots are like green smallmouth and we'd be more than happy to help you get on 'em!! :D

Thanks Rich! Now's the time to grab the Mrs. and sneak out on a weekday morning for a BLAST!!

Great pic and even better smile and time with the boy while he's young, they grow up fast!

Wish I could make it over to that side in the AMs, i need to win the lottery and retire!

Mac,

Two words:

ROAD TRIP!!!!!!!!!!!!

I want, no I NEED to do this!!!!!!

great job Dan!

I'm game!! Let's descend on Big Dan like a swarm of locusts!!:eek: :lol::lol: Only if he promises to come to one of the MVM's and to visit me here in FL (I still don't have my rig in the water:angry: ). These dang Floridians move at a snails pace!!:lol:

TOXIC

I'm ready to welcome y'all at any time. My Michigan brothers have had a long standing invite for whenever possible. Momma already knows my winter FL fishing schedule will change a bit when Tox can get time free. We missed back and forth last winter, so let's make it happen Cap'n!! ;) I'm working on Bob G. to make the trek when cabin fever sets in also. :D Winter here is nothing like y'alls!! Well...'cept for Hammer now that he's "seen the light" and got a place south! (And felt the warmth!! :lol: )

How is the fishing in November Dan?

Outstanding!! You can wear the paint off a Pointer or a crankbait and still even hop schoolies, depending on the fronts toward the end of the month. These spots have to eat every day, all year long! :D

Shoot, Jacksonville is considered South Georgia as it is. I would be up for a little road trip!! Heck it would be nice to get in the truck and not have to drive 9-12 hours to fish!!:lol:

TOXIC

Latest posts

Back