Help here!! I think I am pissed off

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mark Weichold

Reaction score
Finally got the boat back, all new Seastar replaced by Seastar (they really came through when Tracker Warranty would not) freak thing.

Anyway I had a hot foot installed while it was sitting waiting to be fixed!! Problem I get home at try to put it in gear and it does not go forward or reverse. Now all other boats I have driven with a hot foot the handle just engages and sort of falls freely. Was this installed wrong or does the motor have to be running? that would not seem right. I have been boatless and really do not want to be boatless for another three weeks.

Thoughts!!

Mark

Were you pressing on the pedal at the time? Was the idle lever all the way down (if they still have them).. May just be an adjustment?

BF

Mark I hope your a handy man, cause if you own a boat you will be better off fixing everything yourself.

Time and money.

if your not handy, your boat will spend lots of time at the shop, then when the warranty runs out they will want arms and legs to fix it and you know as well as I do it takes thoes arms and legs to go fishing, but I guess if your giving them your arms and legs that meens your boat is at thier place and your not fishing.. LOL

my boat was in a tracker service shop for 90+ days in her first year.

cb

Try turning the prop a little before you put in in gear. it sounds like the gears werent meshing and not alowing it to go into gear. sometimes when the motor is not running you have to do that to make it drop in. i wouldnt worry about it to much if you can turn the prop and have ot drop intop gear, its pretty normal

Mark -

One quick comment in defense of Tracker Warranties.....

The warranty you purchased from Tracker should not be responsible if a problem is covered under the original manufacturer's warranty or recall. Had it not been covered by Seastar, I would have expected them to step up to the plate.

Good Luck!

me!

Latest posts

Back