HDS7 turning off

• Thread starter Jimmy Easterling
  • Start date
Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jimmy Easterling

Reaction score
Several months ago my unit turned off by it self and when I turned it back on it seemed to be fine, then it happened again in a month or so and again this last weekend. This time it would not turn back on, when I got home I discovered the fuse was blown. I'm guessing that a loose connecting or short will cause the fuse to break, I checked the connections at the fuse box under the dash and seem to be fine. I do have SI connected to it and it is over 1 year old. Any suggestions?

jimmy,

i had a similar problem with my hds7 last year. it was connected thru the fuse panel

and blew the circuit breaker a few times over the summer, i finaly figured out that while i was starting the outboard was when the breaker would blow or the unit would just shut off.

my solution was to connect directly to the battery with a inline fuse of course.

this has without a doubt solved all the issues i had with the unit.

if your problem is similar then it wont hurt to try my solution could solve all your troubles. good luck joe

Latest posts

Back