Guns/shooting site?

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rich Stern

Reaction score
A few times, we've had threads on guns and shooting. Lots of sites already out there devoted to those topics, but would anyone be interested in a new guns/shooting forum/web site?

We have a bunch of experienced gun hands in here who would make great moderators. If you'd be interested in moderating a portion of such a site, let me know.

Post your thoughts here.

I would! Especially if there would be folks who could teach me all about handloading.

I'd be interested in moderating a section on handguns and indoor shooting.

I would be interested in the site, however I don't think I would make a good moderator, unless you let me carry a gun for enforcement reasons.

Wold

BFHP has a section just for guns and it doesn't get much activity at all.

Personally, I don't mind talking about them now and then, but not something that I can find as being "central" to my internet experience.

I would be interested in a guns and shooting website but im not sure about the whole moderating thing? What is a moderator?

T.S.

"Quack! You want me as a Moderator? Quack! Aren't you satisfied with the damage I do here? Quack!"

It would be interesting, Rich..... I haven't found one on the web that I like..... Maybe because I have become accustomed to the format here..... I'd certainly visit and maybe even participate if you did..... Since you've got all the templates laid out..... It certainly wouldn't take much to give it a "shot"!

My one request - and I'm not sure how to word it - would be to leave it so we can view all posts in all topics the same way we can heere without having to go to seperate boards..... If you understand what I'm trying to say.....

Rich,

You just know that I wild be a fan of the site. I can help moderate if needed, too.

There are a few sites that are out there, but seems the majority of them have a "local" attitude. There is one called Long Range Shooting that has a very good bunch of fellas that frequent it.

Let me know what I can do to help.

Carlos

PS What the heck is up with the "quack" thing? That one goes over my head....

I'm not much of a gun person. Interesting, and have some interest, but haven't really shot anything in years. I would probably lurk in the background, at best.

Let us know.

Tex

I'm in, and probably could get a couple of buddies to chime on in also. Let us know.

I like these two. The first is kinda focused on T/C Contenders and Encores but has many more categories as well. The second is strictly rimfire stuff. Just two that I like, try 'em out!

www.graybeardoutdoors.com

www.rimfirecentral.com

Ranger413

Rich,

I think among the "denizens" of this warped little world you could find some highly qualified moderators. I'd enjoy a site with some "categories" for different shooting sports...

Carlos -

In the thread "A reminder...about our lives and the caring family we have here", Harpo (Soonerfan) makes reference to some of the craziness that can go on here on ocassion..... He thanked Rich for his "duck herding abilities".....

So..... When it comes to ducks.....

"Quack!" :)

Rich, interesting idea. Friend of mine up in East Tennessee belongs to the Single Action Shooters Society. Which is another niche shooting site and organization. I'd be interested. Matter of fact,I have missed several chances to have conversations with Carlos and Greg on some firearm issues.

Just for the record, my favorite handgun Greg is a 70 series Colt Combat Commander that I ramped and reworked the trigger and sear myself. See, that old demon has reared his ugly head. Another hobby gone wild!

Bruce M

Latest posts

Back