Gun Sales on the Rise

• Thread starter C C [URL]http://www.wect.com/Global/story.asp?S=92
  • Start date
Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've gotten 2 new to me guns this week. Now, I plan to stock up on more ammo just in case. And, I've still got my eyes on a few other guns that I'm thinking about getting. If BHO takes office, guns will become a thing of the past, either from gun bans laws or outrageous taxes on ammo. If BHO is defeated in the election, the riots in LA after the Rodney King trial will be nothing compared to what we will see if BHO isn't elected.

They believe law abiding folks should not have guns. That way thuds cannot steal them from us and kill someone. They are also going to outlaw pens, and pencils. They are responcible for mispelled words. Doctors are next, they accidently kill more people each year than guns. I also agree with leveling the playing field. Next week I am going to call Uncle Barrack and tell him I don't have a nice boat like Mac, Mini, Neeley or Toxic,LOL. I want what they have, I deserve it. I don't want to have to work for it, just give me one. I just hope all of the men and women that died fighting for our freedom don't come back from the dead and kick our asses for letting this happen. We all deserve what we are about to get.

Bubby

America must have programs for those less fortunate. You wouldn't want less hours/pay for yourself so that they could have a job, would you. The long pole in the tent are the processes [not] in place to make sure that only the truly unfortunate get help.

Woe the individual who "accidentally" finds their way through my locked door.

I've set aside some funds for a couple of politically unpopular firearms and ammo. Will be sure I take deliver before January.

I've been thinking about an AR-15 for a while now. I think I'm going to at least buy a couple stripped lower receivers soon.

From what I hear, law enforcement officials are expecting riots by Obama supporters no matter what the outcome.

Hutch

Yup, I get back stateside on 4 Dec and will have at least one new rifle within the week. Before the govt knocks on my door asking for guns, I have a premonition that every last one of them are going to be "stolen" by BHO tax cut recipients! People are going to see a Dr. Jekyl / Mr. Hyde transformation if BHO gets elected.....but then it's too late:angry:

JP

The increase in gun sales is just worry from people about NOTHING. One person cannot and will not outlaw guns. Guns will still be readily available long after all of us are gone.

I beg to differ. One person, when he's the President of the United States, with a liberal mandate supported by a legislation controlled by the same party, can do a lot/

These dates stand out in U.S. history relative to hefty gun control:

1934...Federal control, registration and taxation of all automatic weapons and short barreled rifles and shotguns

1968...serializing all guns, along with numerous other requirements for purchasing of guns by U.S. citizens

1994...Assault Weapons Ban...remember, we got a watered down version, where a lot of guns were removed from the list. We may get the "full" version this time, with hundreds of additional guns on the list.

These are just federal milestones. There are numerous places in the U.S. where it is rather difficult to own and carry an operating firearm for your own defense. Ask the Aussies and the Brits how quickly gun rights can be lost to an overzealous government.

To assume that the current political reality will always be the future political reality is dismissive of history.

I'm thinking or hoping that anyone wanting re-election will keep out of the gun ban thing until they run for a second term of office. On that note I'm looking at at least one more long range rifle a Remington XCR tactical long range in .308. My handguns are a little lopsided favoring autos and I need to even it out with a few more revolvers.

fatrap

Rich, you are correct. Another thing is the Liberals in congress will have a easier time getting their bills passed. This time, we all are going to have to pay attention.

Everyone should be an NRA member. I am 54 years old, and for the first time in my life I am scared for America. I am not 100% McCain, but I like most know little or nothing about this man.

Bubby:(

Now this is a scary thread. I have had these thoughts and figured I had the bases covered. But since I am leaving for Spring Hill,Fla (North of Tampa) this Sat and will be there the next month or so, I guess I should do some extra packing. Good thing there are no metal detectors on 95....

BF

I have NOT had a firearm of any kind in my home since 1969 when I got home from overseas.. It's a long story as to why that is and I don't want to bore you all with it now but if anyone is really interested in why, please just e-mail me and I'll tell you about it.

Due mainly to the home invasions you hear about, the strong arm robberies you hear about in the parking lots of our local shopping centers, I have been thinking of picking something up for about three years now. For the home I have thought of some sort of shotgun though I don't know what make or model. For the house and car I'd like a pistol but again, I don't have a clue as to what?:huh: The only pistol I am familiar with is the Colt Model 1911A1. The only rifles I am familiar with are the Colt M-16, Bolt action 22's, Remington 1100 shotgun,a riot shotgun overseas and a .30-06 a long time ago.

As far as the election, I agree wholeheartedly with Rich. I also agree with Bubby in that for the first time in a long while, I too am scared to death for my country! The problem I have with purchasing a pistol is the darn price of all of them when I have so many Doctor's and lab bills, GeeezyPeeezy!

I don't know how any of this works in regard to selling firearms but if anyone here is thinking about selling a pistol I would hope that you'd think of me. I think I would prefer an automatic but I'm not married to that idea as a revolver would probably be just fine. I would sure be interested!

I guess that newspaper article is correct, huh?!

Uncle Billy

Hold on a minute Bubby,..I don't have a boat at the moment....I'm spreading my wealth across the state to two different universities. If you talk to Barry....ask'em for two!!

I need on next year, but I don't see it happening either!

As far as guns......I've got what I need now...but I could use some more ammo!! LOL

Mac

Don't forget that the next President will be likely appointing 2 (maybe 3) Supreme Court Justices. BHO (if elected) and backed by a Liberal controlled Congress would have that honor. So, if one thinks one man can't do anything about gun control just watch these stars align and see! OMG! That's scary! :(

I have the hardware.....but my ammo locker is a little less full than I like it.

I have plenty off everything, still want a Gold Cup 45

:DUncle Billy, I bought my wife and myself Smith & Wesson's 357 air-lite 240 pd for a concealed weapon. It is a fabulous revolver for carrying in the summer if you like to wear shorts. It also shoots 38 rounds which I recommend at the range, 357's for when your in fear of your life...

re: Gun Sales on the Rise by dreaminbigMember Profile,10/29/2008 20:06 ET

The increase in gun sales is just worry from people about NOTHING. One person cannot and will not outlaw guns. Guns will still be readily available long after all of us are gone.

With a Dem POTUS, Dem majority in Congress, and the all certain appointment of at least a couple leftist, liberal SCOTUS justices, it is not a matter of if, but rather, when another ban is enacted.

They can have mine...bullets first.

I am glad to hear I am not the only one with concerns. We don't hunt but do believe in home protection and just added to the ammo stock pile. We are seriously considering picking up a shotgun for added protection. There is no mistaking the sound of a shot gun being loaded and cocked. :eek:

Cass :D

I know that I've been thinking about it also, more from a 'personal protection' standpoint. Right now, only one .22 pistol in the house, and it's taken apart and not serviceable at the moment. Since I live 'out in the hinterlands' in what is taken to be a $$$ lakeside home (moderate at best), I worry more about breakin's and such.

So, I certainly am thinking along the lines of weaponry for home protection. May even decide to do the 'carry classes'. Don't think that my wife is really interested, but may have to have a conversation with her about it.

Tex

I still don't think much will happen for a while. I know many people who say they will fight for the right to keep and bear arms. I doubt many of those who tout this will do much. Most people have never been faced with killing another person let alone a fellow american such as a law enforcement officer tasked to come and get them. Talk is cheap. what will I do? What will YOU DO? I KNOW I won't just give them to the ATF or some goverment offical to take away.

I have my bases covered for home protection. In any case prepare for the worst and pray it doesn't happen.

fatrap

Uncle Billy, the rules sez, if buyer and seller live in different states, selling a gun must involve transferring via a federally licensed gun dealer. You happen to live in a very gun unfriendly state, so there will be additional local laws regarding what types of gun, how much magazine capacity (probably a 10 round limit), waiting period after filling out the paperwork and going through the background check, etc.

If there is a gun store near you, stop by and ask for the lowdown on local buying and ownership requirements.

In your situation, with a limited budget, in your particular state...get yourself a Mossberg 500 or Mossberg Maverick 88 12 gauge shotgun with an 18.5" (riot gun style) barrel. You'll have trouble finding them used with that type of barrel because of how popular they are as home defense weapons. New will cost about $225 to $250. That, plus a few boxes of buckshot. If you want a handgun, look for a police surplus Smith and Wesson model 64 (38 special), 65 (357 magnum), or 66 (357 magnum). Prices are typically $250 to $325 for these. If you like semi-autos, Smith and Wesson has a great deal going right now on their Sigma pistol. Similar to a Glock, and quite a bit different than the 1911A you know. Available in either 9mm or 40 S&W. Can be found for under $300 after mail in rebate. They normally come with two hi capacity magazines, but in Maryland, I suspect they come with 10 round magazines.

Tex,....if you go that route....make sure you get "Crimson Trace" laser grips on it. Nothing will scare the fecal matter out of a perp faster than seeing a red dot on his chest,..or his co-perp's forehead!! (and don't believe the BS about them being able to see the beam and knowing where you are,.....that's only true in a smoke filled room!!)

If you hear glass breaking or somebody prying at a door.....put that beam on their chest and they will split pronto!! PLUS,...the best part is,.once it's dialed in and you know where the round will hit in relation to the dot,.....you don't even have to aim....keep both eyes open..put the dot on the "spot" and it's game on!;)

There will never be a gun ban.....There are to many that won't let It happen and the people in Washington know this...

Mac is right on with Crimson trace. However I will beg to differ about being BS that you are not able to see the beam or the person with the firearm when it is on. Just take a laser pointer or pen light and have someone walk around the house tonight, and that is proven. That is the beauty of Crimson Trace. They have a pressure switch on the grip, and will not come on until you touch it. Laser Max, and most rail mounted flashlights have to be turned on and stay on until turned off. Another beauty is you don't have to aim with a laser. You can be sitting and shoot to either side or for that matter behind you. Once adjusted,sighted in, it will shoot where the dot is. Crimson Trace unlike most others can be sighted in.

I would however caution, becoming totally dependent on any laser. They are mechanical, and the red light is useless in bright sunlight. Hands down the best home defense firearm is a 12 or 20 gauge pump shotgun. I have Crimson Trace on all of my concealed carry guns, and love them.

Bubby:)

Bubby,..I have the pressure sensitive switch too.....it's only "ON" when you want it to be on! I wouldn't want a rail mounted flashlight on all the time either...not good!!

but like Cass said,...the sound of a shot gun "racking" or a red-dot on your chest, is going to work 99% of the time!! Just make sure your home defense weapon has enough stopping power....a .22 won't work on a crack-head.....but a .45HP or a .20ga WILL!!

JR, I sure hope and pray you are right. I thought we would never have a President that wouldn't look at our flag, or salute it. I also thought we wouldn't have a President who praises China, and wants America to use them as our model. I also thought our Presidents were proud of our Military fighting for our freedom. Now according to our possible next President we are a country promoting war.

bubby:(:angry:

buyer beware dont buy to much ammo at once or you will recieve the same visit from the atf I did and it isnt pleasant

buyer beware dont buy to much ammo at once or you will recieve the same visit from the atf I did and it isnt pleasant

How did the ATF know you bought a bunch of ammo? Buy ammo from local stores and no paperwork is filled out, no ID is shown, etc. I've bought 1000 rounds several times (local and online) and have never had anyone visit.

Scott, I am totally with you on this one. No I.D. is required to purchase ammo. As long as you are 21 for handguns, rifles. You can go to Wally world, and buy everything on their shelves......cash no I.D. required. This is a new one for me.

Bubby:rolleyes:

i bought almost 10,000 rounds before a new tax here in missouri starts for my barret 50 7mm 308 and .223 mostly .223 for my ar's which I had ordered in advance as well as picking up a new hand gun I have been waiting for for months little did i know mccain and palin were having a rally at a church less than 1 mile from my house the same week and when you purchase a large amount of what is deemed assult weapon ammo in large quantities dont pay with a bank card

Oh my God bigd,....i'd say the timing of that,..along with the quantity, calibers and the upcoming rally, pretty much sounded every ATF alarm west of the Mississippi!!! You're probably lucky you weren't cavity searched by a sasquatch, and I wouldn't be surprised if the Secret Service had agents sitting in your living room with you during the rally!!:blink: YIKES!! :wacko:

really it was funny once you get past the being treated like a criminal part

Thanks all. Appreciate the feedback and suggestions on the home defense items. Both, sound remarkably similar to where I was thinking of going. Like the idea of the Crimson Trace grips.

I'll keep you posted. Also found there is a shooting range (outdoor) near where I live, so getting in some practice time, shouldn't be that difficult.

Tex

bigd, did they suspend the 4th Amendment in Missouri? By what mechanism and authority did the government investigate your purchase?

That pisses me off to no end. How "free" are you, really, if your own government is watching you that closely?

i guess in the end the people we put in power do whatever they want so maybe we should be more careful with who we allow to run this country

what i think the most ironic part is we have a big mccain sign in our front yard

the only part that makes me mad isnt that they pay attention tho who buys large ammounts of guns or ammo its the attitude in which they treat you with when they have no clue who or what your reason is for the purchase . I would like to know who the judge was that would not allow them a warrant to search my home

Hey Rich,

Thank you so much for your "report".. That's the most concisive explanation I have received from anyone in regard to this problem.

I'm going to look into what you have suggested. There is a 'good-ole-boy' gun store about two blocks from me and the owner knows me so I'll check there first just to see what's what.

Thanks Again Rich!!!

Uncle Billy

The recent national calamity called "election time" prompted me to pick up a new Panther 16" Model A-15 (short) with two extra 30rd. clips I stumbled upon at a great price. ($550) I bought it just before leaving the country on vacation for a couple weeks, so I haven't put it on paper yet. I've shot my buddies' variations and am sure I won't be disappointed.

bigd, can you give more details? Which agency visited you? What questions did they ask? Did they say they attempted to get a warrant, or ask your consent for a search? What was your response to all of this?

Rich, try to relax a bit. We need you here, don't go having a heart attack. Good to know I am not the only person sick of the BS.

Bubby:angry:

Uncle Billy, If you are interested in an automatic, the S&W Sigma is a decent choice. It won't cost you an arm and a leg and works just like a Glock. Load it up, rack one in, and commence to shooting. No manual safety to play with. It works more like a revolver. You'll get internet purists who can't say a good thing about them but I got one in 9mm and haven't had the least bit of trouble from it. I shoot handloaded hollowpoints and FMG and they all feed fine. It does have a horrible trigger though. The price is less than $300. Best to buy it through a reputable shop so you can be sure of jumping through all the requesit hoops!

NoCAL

it was 2 atf agents i guess CHECKING ME OUT and yes I refused to let them search just because they acted like a couple of a$$holes to begin with and i think they must watch to many tv shows because their febal attempt to strong arm us into letting them in seemed like lines from some lame show from late nite cable tv

Bubby, I can't relax about this. Our government is becoming what the founders predicted: Corrupted by power and abusive of the people it is supposed to be serving.

A man buys ammunition for his hobby from a private U.S. business. Two federal agents show up at his door to question him about his intentions. Doesn't that strike you as police state-like?

The government monitored the transaction without his knowledge or consent (violation of his 4th Amendment rights, probably with a fig leaf excuse called the Patriot Act).

The government initiated an investigation of him without any evidence that a crime was committed or about to be committed (another violation of the 4th Amendment).

The ATF is rather famous for abusing people who either did not commit a crime, or perhaps unintentionally violated one of the many arcane or poorly structured federal firearms laws. The list of abuses is widely documented. It's one of the worst, if not the worst, federal police agencies in terms of abusing the rights of American citizens.

There is a guy by the name of David Olafson sitting in federal prison right now because an AR-15 he owned misfired on a gun range due to worn parts, while being fired by an acquaintance of his. The gun fired a three shot burst and jammed. Olafson was arrested by the ATF for "transferring a machine gun" (he lent it to someone, and then it malfunctioned and fired three shots with one pull of the trigger). This is an honest, law abiding man, an Army veteran, National Guardsman, husband, father of two kids. The ATF and the federal prosecutor used every trick in the book, and some new ones, to get this man incarcerated. He's in for 3 years. He's now a felon. He'll be dishonarably discharged from the military. He'll lose the right to own guns and to vote.

If our government is doing that kind of stuff to honest American citizens, we're not really as free as we think we are, and we're moving in the wrong direction.

I am affraid that we the people and a free america are long since forgotten and have been replaced by big business and big government it seems with everything our goverment does in some way screws the people needing help from welfare to bailouts or what ever if you are not attached to a huge business or an important family name you dont have a chance to prosper in this country anymore

We can't relax on this issue. Without the 2nd Amendment, the others become null and void. We, as a country, have sat back and let the government slowly eat away at our rights and freedoms.

If you get a chance and can find it, I would suggest reading the novel Unintended Consequences by John Ross. It is a story of how the US govt has, over the years, slowly taken away the rights of the citizens of the USA. From gun bans and unlawful taxes on firearms, to illegal search and seizure and even killing a man's wife while she was holding their 10 month old baby daughter (Randy Weaver at Ruby Ridge), it details just how far the government will go to take our rights and freedoms from us. I was turned on to the book about 5 years ago, and I make it a point to read it at least once a year. The first year I had it, I read it twice. It will truly open your eyes and make you see just where the government is leading us.

Scott, I have a copy of that in PDF form, should anybody want it.

Don't know if anybody else is following this, but there have been a few media reports of gun and large capacity magazine sales going through the roof. Various online sellers are raising prices quickly and reporting that they have order backlogs.

I went to the local range/gunstore on Wednesday. I have never seen the store so crowded with people looking at/buying guns.

Latest posts

Back