Guest 2631a help

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

T AMBURGEY

Reaction score
Let me try and not make this to confusing. I recently installed a guest 2631a charger. it has green and good to go on two of the batteries. It stays red and green on the last battery. I changed the batteries around thinkin I might have a bad battery. It still shows red and green on that part of thee charger. I also changed extension cord and which outlets it was plugged into. still on one section of the charger it shows red and green.

Todd - sounds like that part of the charger is dead. Three bank charges are actually three charges housed together. It is possible for one portion to go bad while the others stay working. Since you've swapped the leads to different batteries and the red and green stay lit regardless of which battery its on (and the other banks are fine on those batteries), I'd suspect that's the issue.

Guest tends to have a good warranty and pretty good customer service (it was better when Sue was still there!), but you may want to contact them to see what they can do.

Fuses were good so I called Guest and they were very helpful, they emailed me quickly and wanted me to fill out a attachment and email it back to them. I couldnt get the attatchment to work so I printed it and will fax it to them tomorrow. They should send me a ra when they get it. Hopefully I will beback in buisness soon. Its been a very frustrating day. This is the first good charger I ever tried and get a dud. But so far the customer service from them has been great.Hopefully it stays that way

The red and green lights indicate volts/amps being sent out through the leads from the charger. When you pop a fuse, your indicator light should read solid green. (You can completely remove the fuse, plug it in and check this.) Your charger is voltage sensing. It reads voltage on the battery before delivering charging volts. When the fuse pops, goes bad, etc., it cannot read the battery voltage and defaults to green. If your red and green stay lit (you'll know the fuse is doing its' job) and you're completely sure the battery checked is fully charged and without fault, I'd say that charging bank is stuck on (bad) and a replacement charger is needed. Guest/Marinco has had a great reputation of building quality chargers, but a dud can appear amongst the best of the best. Their CS is not at the level it was when Sue. D was there, so be patient and stand your ground. Good luck! ;)

I checked it on four brand new batteries so it has to be the charger. I in no way meant for this post to appear as a guest bashing post. I bought this charger because of the advice I recieved on this site. I was looking for more advice in case I was doing something wrong. Ive been in retail my whole life so I understand that the very best company can send out a bad product. So far they have been very understanding, they ask for proof of purchase and said once they recieved it that they would send a Ra then I should get a new charger. Its frustrating when things dont work right but Im thankful that I own a boat. Hopefully they will do the right thing

Latest posts

Back