greg at humminbird question for ya

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pete hanford2

Reaction score
i have the hummingbird 565. i got a new adaptor for the universal sonar. i get a message on the depth finder saying the transducer is not connected. i tried many things but still get the same message.i have checked wires from trolling motor to the depth finder and found nothing wrong. my trolling motor is the maxum 80 lb thrust with the universal sonar.

any help on what else to do. the dpeth finder is approx 2 years old

any help would be greatly appreciated

thanks

pete

Edit: disregard my post, I was logging in here on a new laptop and posted by mistake.

Your "adapter" should be MKR-US2-8. Is this what you have? This adapter fits the 565; I have this finder and that adapter. Works fine. Is your trolling motor a US2 model or just US? Might make a difference, but I've not been able to determine that yet.

Not sure where Greg is, must be busy. Certainly not wanting to be insulting, but in case you've had a "doh" moment ... is the cable in the right connection on the finder? However, if I remember correctly, it's pretty hard to screw that up. If all the parts are correct and they are all connected correctly, then you are left with this ... either the finder is bad or your US is bad. Alibi ... could be your adapter cable is bad.

Latest posts

Back