Grab Bag Issue

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bill Gintzel

Reaction score
There seems to be a great deal of confusion about installing 24/36 volt trolling motors where 12 volt systems previously existed.

Most new motors these days as far as I can determine are not switchable between 12 and 24 volts so they are mostly two wire systems from the battery to the receptacle and have only two wires which connect to the trolling motor.[negative and line]. This means that one (12V), two (24V), or three (36V) batteries are connected IN SERIES in the battery compartment with two wires running to the receptacle. Obviously, this circuit should be for trolling motor ONLY if 24V or 36V.

Could someone who is a better writer than I do a grab bag article under trolling motors category to explain the different options and possible supply some pictures for clarification purposes?

Also, is there a chart showing how many amps the new digital motors draw at various thrusts?

Good idea, i can do it. I made crude drawings in paint a while ago that explain the various options for wiring. putting something in the grab bag is a good idea, ill slap something together and put it up.

JimB, that would be awesome if you did that, did you see the picture of the plug that came with Dave's new TM, it's huge, 4 prong's, can that be changed?

Latest posts

Back