trolling motor issues

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dean K

Reaction score
hey everyone, i was out on a lake the other day that you could only use your trolling motor. anyway, a couple hours into the day i was up shallow and ran into some rocks with the trolling motor, all of a sudden it wouldn't run. I've looked at the fuses, checked my batteries and connections, and it still won't run. it's pretty new, and i just don't get it. any feedback would be greatly appreciated. it's a 24 volt motorguide. thx......

Did you pull up the trolling motor as soon as you could and use the big motor, whoops no gas motor allowed. Did you pull up on trolling motor and let it splash your way out into deeper water?

Take prop off and see if shaft spins freely. My guess is bent pin jamming the prop.

hey everyone, i was out on a lake the other day that you could only use your trolling motor. anyway, a couple hours into the day i was up shallow and ran into some rocks with the trolling motor, all of a sudden it wouldn't run. I've looked at the fuses, checked my batteries and connections, and it still won't run. it's pretty new, and i just don't get it. any feedback would be greatly appreciated. it's a 24 volt motorguide. thx......
Check your prop pin, if that’s good, disconnect the main battery wires + and - going to the head of the trolling motor. Make sure you disconnect the main battery cables first. Then connect, 12 volt battery to the power and ground on the head of the motor. If it spins it’s the control board. Easy fix, it just happened to me a few months ago. Replaced control board works like new. It didn’t blow the fuse but shorted out control board.Hope this helps.

A combo
What did you come up with?
a combo of WD40 and a hammer. The hammer to tap the fastening lugs to get them in-stuck (repeatedly) and WD40 with the flex nozzle to get the spray inside the framing.

I’ll see how well it “takes” after a winter storage.

Latest posts

Back