Got the new boat

• Thread starter John Watts [IMG]http://www.zjstech.net/~library/90
  • Start date
Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

John Watts

Reaction score
I picked up the new Targa 18 Wednesday from BPS in Arundel Mills near Baltimore. Due to the rain most of the weekend we took it on the bay for the shakedown instead of Ocean City. Everything worked well and I'm very satisfied with the "big water" handling.

It turns out the salesman was a Bozo, but the rest of the crew at BPS more than made up for it. When talking to the salesman I was specific that I needed a galvanized trailer because I would be using it in saltwater. He told me that's all they sold there. I also told him I wanted trailer brakes and he said it would come with them.

I did the walk around with the shop foreman and they pulled the boat outside. I had some shopping to do inside (!) so when I came back to get the boat everyone from the shop was gone. I hadn't noticed in the walk around that the trailer had no brakes, only noticed when hooking up. There was nothing to do but take it home.

While reading the literature that night I discovered that the trolling motor's warranty would be void if it was used in saltwater.

First thing in the morning I called the sales manager and told him my problems. He told me to bring it back and they would straighten it out. I did, and they did. They swapped the trailer for the correct one and put on a Riptide saltwater trolling motor. They did not have the one to match the 12v, 55 lb motor that came on the boat so put on a 24v, 65 lb one - no extra charge. I had to supply the extra battery, but I had one in the garage anyway.

Last mixup - the standard transom saver would not work on the new trailer, so they are special ordering one that will work for me, and that will be in tomorrow, no charge.

Overall a good experience - they just need to fix that salesman!

targa2.jpg

Congrats John, Boat looks great----

I have had my new Targa 18sc for 8weeks-- great boat- I got the 115 hp 4stroke -- Still need more seat time as this is my 1st boat. I may need to swap out my 21p prop for a 19p because I can not get my rpm's up over 5000rpm.

Good Luck, Rick

John,

Nice boat. Glad everyhting worked out and they took care of you.

Bob G.

Hot Dog, Glad they fixed you up. Sounds like you made out OK.

BF

OK 2nd thought that is what the buying power of BPS can do for you. The other Nitro dealer in this area is PI$$ poor at best. They would (In my experince)rather give you a catalog to look up your own parts to order,rather look them up themselves. The 1 time I was at this dealer it took 3 guys to get a kill switch lanyard..#1 we can't get those? #2 there special order from the factory? #3 How many do you need we have a box full back here.. Thats why I was only there 1 time.

BF

Now see that's what it's all about...as long as the dealership makes it right or at least trys. There's a few out there that Johnny Morris himself needs to look at the way they are representing Tracker Marine.

Good lookin' rig there! I'll bet that thing will take a few high rollers...congrats and welcome.

TEE

Nice to see someone report satisfaction with a dealer. My dealer bent over backwards to make me happy and I was.

fatrap

Sounds like the dealer took care of you and worked with you, mine did too 3 years ago. Sweet looking boat VERY jealous of the Bay fishing!!!

Enjoy!

Very nice ride John. All welded Deep V, Galvanized trailer, saltwater trolling motor, Merc outboard......it don't get much better, eh?

HOOT

Back