Good Day on Anna

• Thread starter Scott Hammer TOXIC [IMG]http://www.zjstech.net/~l
  • Start date
Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Scott Hammer TOXIC

Reaction score
Well we had a pretty good day for it being the end of December. Was not a good day for Bill, he ripped the skeg off of his motor in his driveway and filled his prop with about 20 pounds of gravel (did it backing up). He also had a battery go dead. Other than the "Carlos Curse" (it was windy), we did pretty well. When CIII gets back, he has more pics. Pulled up to the first spot, a rock point that sloped out to about 15ft., and my son had 5 in the boat before I could get rigged. KB got a good 3lber and I got one close to 4. Here are some pics...put 10-12 in the boat.
IMG0014.jpg

Boy did I have a bad day! Didn't catch a fish either, but the company was great.l Had KB in the boat with me and he caught all the fish. When I get to the other house I will post a couple of pictures of KBs fish.

Saturday right now and the temperative is 64 degrees outside with NO wind. Must has been the CIII curse since we were supposed to fish today but were nice enough to accommodate his schedule so we fished on Friday. Bummer LOL

David - we tried to get up to your dock but you don't seem to have a lot of water in that area. We tooted the horns a bit but guess you hadn't gotten there when we were there.

Thanks guys! Had a good time and you are always welcome. Lots of gulls on the cold side so the stripers must be in the area. Went down to the cold side to pull my boat cleats off the damaged dock from Isabel. Was able to find all five and recovered them.

Let's keep in touch and look for a good weekend again.

Bill, thanks for having us on the "HOT SIDE" again, You did a good job with the guiding!!! Now we make plans for the fair weather get together with the family and friends. Thanks again, Sorry about the hook in your seat (boat seat that is)

Sorry I missed you guys. Guess I should guide you in some time so you know where the rocks are. I was there from about 11:30 am until Sunday am. Looks to me like I should have hooked up with Toxic and learned how to fish! Hope I can catch up with you'all soon. We had 2 chain saws going and probably finished felling about 40-50 pine trees that Isabel at least partially knocked over.

next time.....

david......

LOL...I didn't see any "rocks"!! Just mud flats!! Thought we were going to have to pole our way in. None of us made it to the dock. You could have warned us about the rebar sticking up in the creek!! What's on the other end of that? We were going to fish back in that area but the H2O was too cold. You must be on a spring fed creek. We sent Bill in first since his skeg was trashed anyway!!LOL! We will hook up.

TOXIC

The rebar marks rocks. I put a milk jug on it, but it got floated away during Isabel's high water. (I like to think of it as a jet flea catcher) I definitely have a spring fed creek coming in. My water temp under the boathouse was about 46. What was the temp where you guys were catching the fish? There is a "deep: channel to approach my area. About 5' to 3' as you get closer. I'll have to dredge in a year or two. Problem is that when the lake was low and the previous owner and the guy across from me dredged, they just pushed all the spoils up against the shore and it has worked its way back into the channel. They took the easy way out - I wish they had at least planted grass seed. Obviously, if the lake level falls like that again, I will be high and dry, but it would be an opportune moment to easily dredge again and maybe design and construct some fish structure. I liked the idea of Bill being the first one back in. Bill- did you fix your divot on the launching ramp?:) Ouch!

david......

Glad to hear that you caught some fish finally Toxic! I wish I could have been there with you guys, I havent touched a fish since I was with you in November. I hope your huskers don't catch footballs as well as you caught fish. Go Green, Go White!

Gene

Bill,

thanks for putting up the pictures. Nice to see fish coming out of the water in the winter. What was the water temp there?

david....

David - We picked these up in Canal 1 and the water temp was 69 degrees. Interestingly enough, the water temp in your area was a cold 48 degrees and just down from Dike 3 the temp was 54. Major changes all over the hot side.

Didn't see any beavers back your way 'cause I was ready to shred 'em like Tox told me. LOL

Take and keep any beavers you want anytime. If you want permission, I will grant it to you.

david.....

OK here are a few of the shots that I took at Anna on our last outing.

Tox and his son on the water.
IM000661.JPG

Mini,

Rod and reel combo worked great!!!! I caught a few fish, but no where as big as Tox's!!!! Really do like the rod in combo with the reel. Now I am paraniod I am going to loose it over the steekin side!!!

Bill, again thanks for the hospitality and the hot side hook up. I have to admit, it is fun fishing with other like this. No pressure (well, not too much anyway :) and a good time with friends!!!!!!

Bummer on the hook set in the seat. I have not had tha tone yet. Just a few bounces off of the engine cowling is all.

I want to get out and try out the hot foot I put on from Christmas now!!!!!!

But, I am off to HAwaii for a week as of this Friday...so no fishing for me. I will be SURE to get a few pictures for you all HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAHHA

Carlos

Do I dare ask what you were catching them on?

Carlos - thanks for the extra pictures.

david.....

Mine was a Senko fish...5 inch, watermelon, black fleck, 3.0 Gamakatsu wide gap hook. I also trolled up about a 3 lber (going for stripers) on a deep diving redfin in blue/chrome. Travis caught his on the same senko, a green watermelon 4 in. tube and the baby senko in the same color.

And yes ladies and gentlemen there are more pics of the wonderful 929 (lookin good if I do say so myself) that can be yours for a very reasonable price!!LOL I gotta get it sold because NITRO wants me to order another.

TOXIC

Back