Good day in the woods!

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bob G.

Reaction score
Our rifle buck season started this past Saturday. My dad, son and I got together to hunt for 4 days. We only saw a few deer and temps were in the 50's, which is unusually warm for November in Vermont. On Monday I was poking down a logging road and saw this buck standing down below me. Nice 8 point for the area that I hunt.

VT_8pt_buck_cropped.jpg

Hey, Good deal, congrats! Fire up the grill and get them backstraps ready;)

JP

Way to go Bob. I'm heading out this weekend for West Virginia's season starting Monday. I'll be hunting with my Dad who's 71. Cherished times...

Scott

Just can't wipe that smile off your face can you Bob?:p

I'm still not sure you have any teeth.:D

NICE buck! I've had one about that size roaming around in my

backyard woods for the past two weeks or so. Being in the

city limits, I can't do anything about him, though.:angry:

Nice buck Mike! I butchered mine yesterday. Had one of the tenderloins on the grill last night with some Montreal Steak Seasoning on it........very tasty!!

Great Deer...I wish I was able to still hunt,I really do miss It....JR

I got mine Weds, pm....BIG 5pt...200lbs. Drove to my bro's weds....arrived 330pm. Was in the stand by 415pm.....deer down at 450pm,..martini and cigar by 530pm. We are the epitomy of efficiency! He got his weds. a.m.....so Thursday we processed 2 deer in his garage. Friday we went to Wing Pointe and got 8 pheasants and 6 chukars. Freezers are full and life is good!!:cool:

Congrats to all, I took a good doe on sunday night. Like Mac, it was pretty effecient too. Got home from Playa Del Carmen in Mexico saturday night, slept in Sunday am. Got into my tree at around 2:30 and and had her down around 4:30. She was within 15 yds of my tree and the 44 Mag did the job. 9 of my last 10 deer have been taken with the handgun. :wub: I haven't taken a long gun out deer hunting in at least 3 yrs.

Gene

Gene,

Congrats! Some days I have a hard time getting a deer with a rifle, let alone a handgun. Our 9 day muzzleloader season starts this Saturday. I have a buck tag and a doe tag. Looking to put one more in the freezer.

Luckily they have been within range. I'll kick myself if huge 20 pointer walks out just out of my range. LOL

Gene

Had another good day in the woods.....or at least a partial day. Our muzzleloader season started today and I had buck and doe tags. 20 minutes after legal shooting time started, 5 doe came by my spot with no buck in tow. Took one of the nice doe and she's skinned and hanging in my garage. Will butcher her in a few days and will be a nice addition in the freezer with the buck I got a few weeks ago. I still have a buck tag, but 2 deer are plenty and I'm ready to chill.

Latest posts

Back