Fuel Leaking at each end of Pulse Limiter Hose

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

92 Nitro 190dc Owner

Reaction score
This really has me stumped. I converted from VRO pump to a standard fuel pump using pre-mix (got tired of dealing with air leaks in the VRO). When I pump the fuel bulb, the fuel hose that connects the fuel pump and the pulse limiter leaks at each end. This is the hose that came with motor. I assumed it was a 3/8" hose and figured it was defective. So I bought 5/16" and 1/4" hose. Ultimately made the decision to use the 1/4" hose because the 5/16" hose still felt too loose. I used the screw type hose clamps on each end. Still leaked at both ends of the hose when pumping the fuel bulb (never gets firm). I tightened the hose clamps even more, still no difference. I thought about using PTFE tape, but not sure how the hose will slide over the tape. Any ideas?

Hose for Pulse Limiter.gif

Update: The clamp closest to the pulse limiter wasn't as tight as I thought. Tightened it up and it is OK. The other end attaching to the fuel pump looked like the nipple wasn't fully seated. Used a small socket, slipping it over the nipple and pounding it in. I think that corrected that issue. Will need to verify after another few leaks I discovered: The second fuel pump is leaking fuel from the weep hole. It was also leaking from a part of the pump where the gasket fits between the two halves. Maybe it simply needs to be tightened down. I took the second pump off and will take it apart to see if I can find a reason for leaking from the weep hole and from the gasket. More to come...

FYI: Since I have a 150hp, two fuel pumps are needed to replace the VRO.

I pulled the fuel pump apart that was leaking. Didn't see anything that would cause the pump to leak at the weep hole. I suspect that it wasn't assembled properly. Re-assembled the fuel pump and no more leaking. Note: If I over-squeeze the fuel primer bulb, fuel will drip slightly which to me is understandable, but if I squeeze until firm, no leaks.

Based on what I found that one of the two fuel pumps had issues (nipple not fully seated, one of the fuel pumps leaking at the gasket and at the weep hole), the issues are the result of improper assembly of the fuel pump. I believe this issue is now closed. Contact me with any questions.

Latest posts

Back