For you Snow Bound Folks!!

• Thread starter Michael Trepper [IMG]http://www.zjstech.net/~libra
  • Start date
Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TrepMan

Reaction score
Had some power problems at the house, so took a long lunch and hit the lake. OK so their bigger then the 2 I got on Sat, but not HUGE, but HEY its January 26th!!! and i'm FISHING!!! WOO HOO!!! 65 degrees and sunny! Gotta work this afternoon, and then the cold/wet front comes in starting tomorrow, hope to get back out on Sunday with Eli for some Stripers!!!
2005%20Jan%2026%202%20Spots%20for%20web.jpg

Hey Tex - Thought you couldn't internet during work anymore??

Hardest problem was putting the camera on my butt seat, pressing the timer with a dry knuckle and getting back of the boat for a pic before the wind turned the butt seat!!!

You are killing me...All I can see out the window Is white and Ice..Nice fish.JR

Eat it Trep!!

Just kidding that kind of picture could get you hurt by some of us snowbound mutts. Really neat though. Shows some inventiveness. Can't wait till the boat comes out.

fatrap

Trep you know what its like up here in the winter. Your teasing us northern boys bigtime! LOL! Out on their boat bass fishing in January....It's just a Yankee dream!...Guess I will go out and shovel the snow around my boat now and maybe catch a glimpse of the trailer tires!

Good luck Sunday and enjoy!

Michael, Bite Me! Boy do I feel like just smacking Michael right on top of his "rubbing it in" head:)

Ok, let's all meet and drive to Michaels and.......

Way to go King Tin.

Bill

Trep,

Nice fish, what did you catch them on,, the fish in my lake have major lockjaw...

Yes ..but what would all of us northerners do if we didn't spend all that time with our boats you know

Good job Michael!!

We had a great day as well. Gotta love those winter warm spells!!

I could go after work today because it is so nice out but the Banana Boat is 3 hours away.

Teri - Gotta fix that garage issue and get the Banana on the water!!

Brian - Crankbaits, fish are still shallow around here on rocks/gravel and brushpiles.

Everyone else - COME ON DOWN!!! Tracker is back in the garage, on the Guest Charger and ready to go!!

And YES having lived UP NORTH, I LOVE it down here!!! I know I made the right decision with Beka and I got engaged and I said "you can go ANYWHERE for Grad school as LONG as it's below the Hard Freeze line!!!"

For my fellow fisherman North of the frozen Tundra line, a way to look at the bright side of things,

we only have 52 more days before Spring

we only have 63 more days for daylight savings

Trep - You're right on the money! Most of ours came on spbt/crkbt with a few on the spoon. The better fish we caught were 0-4ft. That'll definitely change before the weekend. It's looking like it's finally going to get NASTY for a few days. Next week is looking do-able by mid week.

Keep up the good work!!

Dan - So when the water temps go back down to the low 40s will the Spots and LM's go deeper for a while?

Dave - People who live in snow country shouldn't call ANYTHING you catch in 70 degree January Sardines!!! LOL

hey trep nice catch, i've been tryin to keep my mind off of fishin, for now.....!
DSC00313.JPG

Trepper...

I spoke to Big Nose Cannolli... And, the contract on you is out for service... LOL Pay no attention to the 1977 Black Cadillac as it follows you...

You will pay for harming us northern boys psychologically!!!!

Tim - That is a STRANGE looking bote you got there!!! LOL

I've actualy NEVER been on one. Lived in Indy for a long time but didn't know anyone with a snowmobile. Might have to try it someday if I get up north in the winter.

Trep

Trep,

There area ALWAYS some fish shallow. ALWAYS. By this time of year, even in HotLanta, 'most' of the fish are in the deeper areas of the lake - where most of the baitfish are.

What was the water temp where you were fishing?

Tex

Tex - Water temp was 48 surface, on Sat during the Club T it was 42-43. I figure with the COLD temps were expecting this weekend they may finaly go deep. Even on those lower 40's temps on Sat, all the fish the club caught were in less then 8ft of water. Guys tried deep but no luck, and the 7+ lb LM came out of a brush pile in 4 ft of water.

I'm about ready to focus on Stripers for Feb/March till the water warms up again!!

Trep - For green fish, look within 50 yds. of your most productive areas for ditches, creek channels (bends are primo!), dropoffs or depressions. The fish that will temperately migrate should be there. As Tex stated, some fish, especially resident fish (i.e.: dock fish, brush piles, etc.), will remain and just "hunker down". Fish those same areas with a MUCH SLOWER presentation. (jig, worm, etc.) Be prepared for a VERY light pickup, however odds will dictate a better quality fish in those same areas, even on the "Dead Sea". (LOL!) Keep in mind that spots lean more toward smallmouth characteristics than largemouth. They are not as temperature finicky as the big lips. If the wind picks up, find a point on the main creek channel and throw a spinnerbait with a steady, moderate retreive and hold on!! Having a spoon handy for ledges and dropoffs is a good idea as well. Most of all, keep doing what you're doing and have a great time!!

Back