fixed

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TROY WAINRIGHT

Reaction score
HEY GUYS I GOT MY BILGE AND LIVEWELL PUMPS FIXED.HAD A CORRODED WIRE GOING FROM THE MAIN POWER SWITCH TO THE PUMP SWITCHES.GONNA UPGRADE MY BILGE FROM A 500 TO A RULE 700.ANY IDEAS ON HOW TO STOP CORROSION ON MY WIREING UNDER THE DASH?

Hey Troy,

Haven't used it on my boat probably need to though, but anyway. Where the wire enters the connector you can either heat shrink or use liquid tape. If you use the tape you will want to remove the wire and point the connector down, then apply a little of the liquid tape at the opening. It will dry and you have a waterproof seal. Don't use to much as it will try and run through if a male or female blade connector. For the other end, ring, fork or whatever, we use a brand name of Dow - dieletric grease. This is made by other companies. Blade conn. squirt some in it and push it on. For rings and the like you can hook them up and then smear some on it. It is non-conductive so don't worry about it touching other things, and does well at keeping moisture out and also even though it feels a little like silicone it does not harden so you just wipe off if you need to repair something. Hope this helps

Latest posts

Back