Fishing with Dad...

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jim B

Reaction score
Guys i apologize in advance for the novel i have written below...

As some of you may remember from last winter my Dad was diagnosed with a terminal form of brain cancer called Glioblastoma Multiform back in March of 2010. This type of tumor is really about as bad as it gets since its pretty much a dead on diagnosis thing, most people don

You have no need to apologize Jim. That was a great read. Being out with your Dad considering all he's been through is simply outstanding! You're a good son and that pic of your Pop at the helm is priceless. I hope you two get out a bunch and have a banner year! :)

Jim, great news and great post! Don't apologize for the length of a story like that. Just think about how much has been typed about Ethanol issues. Cherish every moment.

Sounds like an awesome trip cherish every minute you guys have left as my dad left in an instant no chance to even say goodbye!

Jim, enjoy every moment and never think twice about sharing with us. Speaking for others who can't enjoy fishing with their dad anymore, your story brought back a lot of great memories. I can't wait to hear about the next one. God bless you guys!

Oh...and love the pic :D

Jim, glad you and your dad were able to enjoy the time together!!! Prayers sent for many more trips for both of you.

Bubby:)

Enjoy all of your time and take alot of pictures. I really thought I would scroll down a little further and see him holding a nice bass.

Story too long? No way! But you just about made a grown man (and many others, I'm sure) cry. Great story, Can't wait for part two, with a fishing picture. Prayers also sent up.

This is a great story. I love it when me and my sons get together for a fishing trip. We do not get to fish as much as I would like to. Us dads are not going to be around as long as we would like to. I still miss getting to fish with my dad. He loved to fish and we went as often as we could. I know from my heart that your dad loves to get with you as much as you do with him. Keep up the good fishing trips with him because you will miss him when he is gone. Thanks for the good story. Good luck on the next trip.

Great read Jim,....Thanks for posting! Enjoy your time together as much as possible. My dad and I always played golf together,..that was "our time".:wub:

Jim - Brings tears to my eyes, man! That is AWESOME, and a great picture you will cherish for a lifetime! Here's hoping to many more of these with your dad while you have him!

Trep

Enjoy every second you have with your Dad. This hits very close to home for me. I lost my Dad last year and his wish was for his ashes to be spread at a place he and I used to fish and camp together. I was honored that his request for his final resting place be where we shared time. I just lost my Father in law to cancer 2 weeks ago and lost my Uncle last week. Funny how we don't realize how precious time with our loved ones is until we loose them. I will never take that for granted again. The MVM get together is going to be special for me this year since I will have a few relatives looking over my shoulder. Maybe my Dad will get that elusive 7lber to hit this year!! Let's not forget our friends as well. I have been blessed to fish with many of this boards members and there's not a bad one in the bunch. I guess I just look at life a little differently now and the people who are in mine and close to me.

TOXIC

This touched me as well... My Dad has been gone for quite some time, but he is as close to me as ever. Jim you are making memories that will last forever. My Dad and I spent a lot of time together fishing and those are the moments I cherish most.

Simply awesome. My dad has been gone for almost 33 years and I would give just about anything to have him in my boat. Even if he didnt hunt or fish, just having time with him would be worth all the money in the world. Gotta run...i hate crying at work.

Give him a hug for me!!

Mini

Jim,

Thanks for sharing this with all of us. with everthing you have delt with over the last year with your own health issues and you dads, I am sure that this was a special day for you both. I hope the new treatment continues to help and you get to spend as much time as you can with him.

It would be an honor to meet you and your dad on the water this summer!

GregD

Spending time on the water like that could be the best medicine of all. Prayers sent for both of you.

Gene

"Spending time on the water like that could be the best medicine of all. Prayers sent for both of you"

I will second that statement... God Bless you, your Dad and all of your family.

Jim,

Thanks for the story and never appologize for family memories shared. My dad passed two years ago and he loved the outdoors. I remember all the camping trips etc.

Thanks for sharing!

Randy!

Latest posts

Back