Fishing with Andy

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gene B

Reaction score
I met up with Andy Saturday over in St. Joe finally. We have been talking about it for several years. I had a great time with another of my NTOWS brothers! We started out fishing for salmon using jigging spoons on standard bass gear in the river. It took a little while till Andy NAILED the first fish. It was a 3" goby! :blink::lol: Not long after I got a nice salmon. What a BLAST! Way more fun than winching them in with trolling tackle behind a moving boat. As Andy said "it's just you and the fish" A while later I landed my second fish. It was even more fun. This one ran farther and fought better than the first one did. A while later Andy got one too. My last fish of the morning was also a 3" goby. :cool: Two first's, Salmon on lighter tackle and a goby. We ended up with just the 3 salmon and if the day ended there it would have been a great day. We went back to Andy's place and cleaned the fish and got them on ice. We sampled some of the salmon Andy had smoked a couple days before with cheese and crackers. Awesome!!! I have the smoker going right now with some of what I caught!! :wub:

We left and grabbed some lunch and went out after bass. I had a small 10-12" largemouth and Andy had a couple smal self released smallies. The bass fishing wasn't very good that afternoon but spending time out bass fishing after salmon fishing made a great day on the water even better. Thank you so much for the offer to come over. I'm sorry it took so long to make it happen. I will be back. :D

Here's a picture of my fish, man, what a blast! :wub:

DSCN2392.JPG

It was definitely a great day. I'm looking forward to doing it again.

Gene

GENE!

You weren't supposed to mention the gobies....Now EVERYONE is going to want to come and fish for them! LOL

Glad you were able to come and fish! Oh...and you forgot the beautiful flathead I caught on the jig! hahaha I had a great time...even without the smallies cooperating! Hoping for some rain to get the salmon biting even better!

I'll keep you informed....come on over whenever you're up for some more awesome goby action!

az

It was great, not as good as your of course. ;) I took some into work, I didn't get to bring any back home. :rolleyes: Everyone liked it. I did your recipe for the brine.

You're right I did forgot about the flat head! That was cool too.

I'm thinkin' I might run back there to see if I can get some more. I'm not sure if I'll make it or not. I do have monday's off, Hmmm..... Definitely keep me informed. I can run over during the week too with a few days notice. I have a bunch of vacation time I can burn. How has the perch action been there?

Gene

I can't take credit for that brine...but is sure does a number on salmon!

I've got some vacation left too...a weekday is not out of the question!

I have not kept in touch with the perch bite...I can ask a few people at work who will have some info...

I was going to get out tonight for the salmon, but it has just been really dreary and misty the last few days...and I stayed up too late last night! lol supposed to be decent tomorrow, so I am going to try to get down there....I'll let you know how they are doing...

az

Sounds good, let me know. I have a pass for Saturday or Sunday, Peg will be in South Bend. :rolleyes: Who knows, maybe we can even nail some bass if they're in the mood this time.

Gene

I officially nominate Gene for Fishing Ambassador, he's been in more people's boats than Dramamine!!:lol::lol::lol:

TOXIC

LOL I live a very good life!!! It's not my fault there are so many great people on the board. :rolleyes: I've met at least 12 people from the board so far. For the record I've only been in 3 other members boats....I think. :) Toxic's, Carlos's and now Andy's.

Round, round, get around, I get around..... :lol::lol:

Gene

shoot Gene....

I didn't check the board late last week....

Give me a call if i don't reply on here...

Me and a buddy each had a salmon on when we went Friday evening, but we both lost em! I did get out to an inland lake for largies on Saturday...got 6 but only two were over 2lbs...gave the salmon a rest...

After all this wind and rain, i'm hoping they'll turn on again...I'm going to try to get out tonight and see if they're in there...I'll let you know...

sorry I didn't get back to you about last weekend!

az

No problem, I have'nt checked in a few days either.

Same for me last weekend. Only a few, but the biggest was a 3.

The weather Saturday isn't supposed to be too great and I'll be in K-zoo Sunday with Jen and Mike for Mike's birthday. I'm planning on fishing Monday the 5th.

Let me know. BTW we had Salmon last night again for dinner! :wub:

Gene

Latest posts

Back