fish finder

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dale Weaver

Reaction score
I have a nitro boat I am looking for someone to tell me if I can mount my transducer inside my rod holder up front by the seat Will it shoot throgh the hull?

Interesting thought. Am I correct in assuming that you are talking the transducer that will operate the front finder while off plane fishing? If so, I think it will work if (1) you were to remove the carpet in the rod holder and (2) if the surface revealed is the hull. If the surface revealed is some type of "sub-flooring, the air between the sub-flooring and the hull would disrupt fish finder operation. If you were lucky and exposed the hull, you would need to consider the angle of the hull at that point. You would want to make sure the transducer was shooting straight down. I suppose you could let it shoot at an angle, but you would need to mentally adjust the findings in relation to your position.

I don't think it will. The bottom of the rod locker is part of the top half of the hull. Depending on what boat you have it may be different, but if the bottom of the rod locker is flat, check the hull at that point. If it's not the same then it won't work. If you want it for your front fish finder then just mount it on your trolling motor.

Gene

I'll second Gene's motion...took me about an hour to mount the head, route the power source, hose clamp the transducer to the TM, and zip tie everything up nice & neat. Works great too!

Latest posts

Back