between the seats hatch, locker?

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

olefisherman456

Reaction score
my 95 nitro has a step between the seats. i would like to open this up and make it into a trash bin ,locker. or simply see the thru hull transducer . which i think is shot. has anyone done this? i was able to see by using a mirror the transducer, also an empty gallon jug. i think that both were installed before the hull was joined. thanks for any response

Back in the mid-nineties when I replaced seats on my 2000DC, rather than a third seat, I chose to make a storage box to go over the center step.
The purpose then was to keep the two Pedestals handy. A nice exterior ply and PVC pipe and fittings were used. Complimentary finish to the boat.
Now days I would add the required drink-holders, tool-slots, fish-measure and any other items which would be kept at hand. Dependent upon dimensions, a trash holder too? I believe you could still gain access below thru the step. As old memory serves, believe the transducer may have been in the bilge with the pump/hose maze at the stern area.

Attachments

• Scan_20221220 (4).png
    Scan_20221220 (4).png
    2.1 MB · Views: 0
Back in the mid-nineties when I replaced seats on my 2000DC, rather than a third seat, I chose to make a storage box to go over the center step.
The purpose then was to keep the two Pedestals handy. A nice exterior ply and PVC pipe and fittings were used. Complimentary finish to the boat.
Now days I would add the required drink-holders, tool-slots, fish-measure and any other items which would be kept at hand. Dependent upon dimensions, a trash holder too? I believe you could still gain access below thru the step. As old memory serves, believe the transducer may have been in the bilge with the pump/hose maze at the stern area.

all sounds pretty much similar. my concern is not to weaken the boat structure . possible cracking in corners. need to replace fish finder with a new one with thru hull puck. looks like only access is to cut out the step.the old one had sidescan and never worked exactly right and finally died completly.

Latest posts

Back