fish finder

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gene B

Reaction score
I've got an 896 that came with the Tracker fish

finder (Humminbird 400 series I Think). I just bought

a lowrance x-85 at the B.P.S. fishing classic. My

question is where should I mount it, in place of the

existing one and move the existing to the bow or mount

the X-85 at the bow? Should I get a trolling motor

transducer or mount it inside the hull or on the transom?

Thanks

Gene

I put my best fish finder on the bow cause i want the best detail possible when fishing. I use the other one to loosely find structure then stop and get a good look at it.

I would put the transducer on the trolling motor. then you can compare the screens of the two, one is giving you a signal for the front and the other one the back of the b

I agree with Mike. Unless you spend most of your time at the console. I would put the best detail unit on the bow. with the transsducer on the trolling motor. that way if you do any vertical jigging like spoons you can keep the boat right on that drop off or hump.

John

More time fishing, less time driving....I say up front. I've had numerous X-85's on the bow and never had a regret. Anywhere you put it, you've got the best on the water when it says Lowrance! Just my $.02. Good luck!

Best unit up front! That's when you're holding the fishing pole, unless you do a lot of trolling! My plan is to put a 'Bird 400 at the bow and keep the 128 on the console. Put the transducer on the trolling motor bullet. It'll be easier to replace if something goes wrong, and you'll have a reference point directly over the structure.

Latest posts

Back