Fish finder on bow is it worth it??

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

XMYTRUCK XMYTRUCK

Reaction score
Hello

I have tracker pro team 165 that came with a lowrance X47 that is mounted on the console and any time I need to see the depth that I am fishing I usually just turn the display towards the bow of the boat. But at time that becomes a real pain. I always wanted to get a better fish finder for the console and move the X47 to the bow if I was going get a fishing finder for the bow. Since I don't have tons of front deck space I was leaning towards the eagle 168 cuda, or the lowrance X50. I would like the lowrance x97 or the eagle 320. So I was wondering is it worth it adding a fish finder to the bow? and if so what fish finder would U recommend that is under 200 bucks??

X

I can't recommend a finder under $200. because I haven't kept up with that BUT; I always wanted a finder on the bow so I wouldn't have to turn my head hardly at all to see it.

When I sold my glass boat I bought a Tracker P-17 and like you, I had one on the console that I could turn around but I invariable forgot to do it, especially when I needed it most. So, with the help of a fellow NTOWS member and great guy, I got to put a color Humminbird on the bow and loved it. Unfortuntaely just after I installed it I couldn't fish much anymore. So, I don't know what you should buy but I think you'll be happier with one on the bow.

Uncle Billy

You should buy the 97 and mount it on the bow, and put the transducer on your TM so you have anac curate reading for where you are standing/fishing. Once you do this you will ask yourself how you ever got by without it!! I could not fish without mine. It is like having an extra set of eyes and it really helps if you are fishing over brushor structure or just to let you know what depth you are in. Trust me, it is worth the money to do it. If I had to choose console or bow I would actually sacrifice the one on my console!! Just my 2 cents!

Tim

Hell Yes..I have a PT 175. I bought humming bird 565 ($200) to replace the one on dash and I put tracker 128 that came with boat up front and pipe clamped transducer to trolling motor and would agree with last post(Why didn't I do this sooner?). It was not all that hard. The wires were pre-ran up in the front. I would definitely recommend it so you can concentrate better on fishing.

I have a 168 Cuda on my bow & it does all I want from it. show's me what is under me,depth,H2O temp & what the bottom is like. Good unit for the money.

I agree with the group. I have a hb 787 on the console and a 767 on the bow. Next is to get an HB side imager then move the 787 to the bow, the 767 to the stern and the si at the console and network the bow and console together... Yeah I know...I am a geek!

Thanks for the replies, I am going to get a fish finder but I am leaning toward the lowrance x50 or the eagle cuda 168 or 282, since I don't have ton's deck space. Any thoughts of the cuda model or x50..

Thx

X

I actually have the x-51 and I really like it. I bought it svereal years ago and it was about $200 with shipping. It is the one I have on the bow. I like it because it has great features and it is easy to use. You won't be sorry that you did.

Tim

Back