PinPoint Electronics

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Richard Marriner

Reaction score
Hello everyone! I have a Motorguide PTSv trolling motor and a PinPoint TR-320 on the bow attached to the trolling motor (motor has transducers built in) on our '05 TV-18. The console has the original Lowrance X47 with the transom mount transducer. The person we bought the boat from had an additional TR-320 unit and the GPS add-on but never installed it. I would love to install this extra one on the console but have come across a problem, I think this is why he never did. There is a cable that came with the extra Pinpoint unit that will fit the transducer for the Lowrance. I attached the cable and powered up the TR-320 but it didn't see the transducer. The transducer works okay because it works on the Lowrance. Is what I am trying to do possible?

It appears the original owner bought the PinPoint equipment around the time he bought the boat (2005). I have had a heck of time finding any information regarding the PinPoint stuff online, especially parts. Are parts still available? Where would I look? I would like the Pinpoint unit on the console instead of the Lowrance because it has GPS capability.

Is it worth the effort, or should I buy a new unit for the console that would work with the existing transducer with GPS capability for a couple hundred bucks? And in that case, which has the better feature set for the price, Hummingbird or Lowrance?

Any help would be appreciated!!

Richard,I'm not sure on the parts that are available out there.I had a 7420 on the front of my 898 but it crapped out so I replaced it with Lowrance.My connection was Tri-state trolling motors in St.Louis.I know Bob had a bunch of stuff for the Pinpoint but it could be gone.His # is 314 921 5922.If that doesn't work there is a place in Dallas called Allstar, not sur on the # there.Good luck.

I had Tr-320s on my boat when I got it. I had the GPS and the 2 units were linked. You could look at one transducer from either head unit. They were constantly giving me problems. I got a new complete unit from Cabela's and then bought another one from a guy on BBC just to keep my system working. The GPS was a joke. There was no mapping and the only thing it was good for was getting back from somewhere after you've been there! After the company went out of business, I ended up pulling the working units off my boat intact and sold them to a guy in WA. He said everything was working but who knows for how long! I'd be very suprised if you can find any parts. They have been out of business for about 3 years now.

NoCAL

Latest posts

Back